|Date Posted:||Nov 10|
TITLE: Workover Completions Engineer
CLIENT: Oil and Gas, Energy
LOCATION: Houston Texas
TYPE: 6+ month Contract, full time, with possibility to go perm
SALARY or RATE: 45/hr
URGENCY: Reviewing Resumes Now
The Completions and Workover Engineer will be a member of the Drilling, Completion & Workover team at the company’s Houston office reporting to the Completions & Workover Engineering Manager. Specific role will be focused toward on the Workover side managing the day-to-day activity of multiple workover rigs.
Office based role responsible for Workover rig oversight and planning. In conjunction with Production Engineering team and field staff write procedures and take calls as needed during the week to support Workover operations.
The manager is open to 0 operator experience with a few years of field and service-related experience. He is also open to Completions trained engineers if willing to follow workover rigs and be trained on the well intervention side. Open to less experienced engineers that would be open to some training.
• Develop step-by-step procedures to achieve specified well objectives safely and efficiently.
• Procedures will incorporate engineering controls, provide guidance on well control equipment and practices, and complying with company safety regulations and standards
•Provide Engineering support for multiple Workover rigs including procedures, troubleshooting downhole tools, make recommendations during fishing operations.
• Recommend and develop process and guidelines to improve the
• Generate cost estimates and AFEs by GL codes associated with planned work scopes.
• Conduct historical well review to support procedural recommendations.
• Engage with other functions and asset leadership to manage process execution discrepancies & scope changes.
• Develop and monitor KPI reporting of frac and coiled tubing unit operations with respect to spend, delivery of planned objectives, and scheduling (planned vs actuals).
• Manage expenditures and performance relative to AFE’d budgets and communicate variances.
• Perform post treatment analysis on production/injection results.
• Utilize PDCA cycle to recommend and improve execution effectiveness & efficiency
• Experience in Engineering with 0-2+ years E&P company experience
• Developed or willing to learn procedures to workover producing wells with lift equipment including rod pump, ESP, or gaslift.
• Knowledge of downhole tools and equipment
• Microsoft Suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline
PREFERRED/ NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience in Production Engineering, Well interventions, or as an Operations engineer is preferred.
• Developed or willing to learn Completion design and supervising frac or drillout operations a plus.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.