|Date Posted:||Oct 5|
Job Title: Visualization Engineer
Location: West Houston, TX, US
Client: Oil & Gas
Type: Direct Hire
Salary: $115,000-$135,000/year (DOE) plus bonus and benefits
Currently seeking a highly motivated Visualization Engineer who has the passion to develop, extend and maintain our core visualization foundation which enables highly interactive and cutting-edge 2D/3D scientific visualizations tools. The candidate would apply their knowledge of real time 2D/3D graphics to help scientists to understand the Earth subsurface with an accurate representation of what normally cannot be seen with a naked eye. This is a high-impact position responsible to create high-end visualization software tools which will be used by our clients all around the world. This position will report to the Project Manager.
• Collaborate effectively in a cross functional team comprising architects, engineers, quality assurance, project manager, and an end user representative.
• Work closely as needed with Usability & UX designers on user experience concept ideation and implementation.
• Research and develop techniques to interactively visualize large amounts of data in real time.
• Guide the testing efforts for all visualization tools and components, Unit testing
Background and competencies:
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred with specialization in Computer Graphics.
• Strong background in interactive, real-time 3D graphics using OpenGL or Open Inventor.
• Good experience with 2D graphics using INT’s GeoToolkit
• Must have experience with C++ or Java
• GPU programming (GLSL, CUDA)
• Strong mathematics, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Computational geometry knowledge and / or experience nice to have
• Good knowledge / experience in software architecture, object-oriented design, design patterns
• Knowledge / experience in professional software engineering practices comprising unit testing
• Good drawing and prototyping / storyboarding skills
• Good understanding of Google Cloud Platform
• Comfortable working in Windows and Linux environments
• Experience with Git and / or TFS
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.