|Date Posted:||Dec 10|
|Wage:||$95,000 - $100,000|
TITLE: Trading Application Support
CLIENT: Financial and Commodity Trading Firm
LOCATION: Downtown Houston
SALARY: $95,000 - $100,000 DOE + Bonus
SUMMARY: The selected candidate will –be dealing with end-user issues/queries and the primary role will be to provide 1st and 2nd level functional support to business users in Houston and globally. The focus will be on business critical applications, trading systems covering a variety of primarily energy commodities, such as Oil , gas, power, metals , agriculture, etc. Will also work with the Global Service Desk (GSD) on user issues escalation and other business applications support analysts. When required, also contribute on new projects/enhancement requests delivering new functionality.
• Liaises internally and build close, collaborative relationships with users, IT focal points and users within the business areas
• Builds effective relationships with other IT Service Delivery colleagues providing 2nd and 3rd level support
Trading and Operations Systems Support:
• Provide 2nd Level support within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), via the use of telephone and other collaborative tools, such as email and instant-messaging.
• Demonstrate service-oriented approach, an understanding of the customer’s business needs and be able to achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
• Ensure all incoming incidents/calls are logged, responded to promptly and pay attention to detail, escalated and closed in a timely manner (as per SLA), using Gunvor’s service management tool based on Oracle’s CRM on Demand.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships in a service oriented manner.
• Ensure that sufficient accurate information is contained within incident reports to promote the development of the ICT Knowledge Base (included in the Oracle Service Management tool) and increase incident resolution rate.
• Be responsible for the monitoring to resolution and timely escalation where necessary, of relevant incidents and requests.
• In a proactive manner, ensure that correct resolutions are found and where not possible, escalate to appropriate Resolution Groups in addressing incidents in a timely manner.
• Ensure the users/requestors are regularly updated on their calls/requests until closure.
• Escalate any complaints or potential issues to the Head of Critical Applications and / or Global Service Desk Lead where appropriate.
• Contribute and assist when required on the compilation of Test Plans, execution of systems testing and configuration of automated testing tools.
• Manage client expectations effectively.
Standards, Policies and Processes.
• Will have good understanding and follow the ITIL based, service management processes;
• Should understand and adhere to standards, SLAs and policies, which must be followed and guide users accordingly.
• Four year University degree required.
• Formal education, ideally at University level or equivalent level of certification and experience.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of previous relevant professional experience.
• Candidates must possess some experience in supporting CTRM/Commodities (Physical) Trading applications and related tools with at least one of the following commodities (Oil products, Gas, Power, Coal, Emissions, Agriculture) and has the ability to learn.
• Experience of providing excellent Customer Service to a local and global user base.
• Team player with ability to exercise flexibility, demonstrate initiative for ensure the business support needs are met in a proactive manner with minimum supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills, especially communication, able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical users, in a multi cultured working environment and able to cope in stressful/difficult/conflict situations in a serviced oriented manner.
• Highly organized and possess analytical and problem solving skills.
• Be self-motivated and creative and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
• Knowledge of Trading related and processes, especially Physical Oil-Trading; or/and Global Energy
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other related data analysis tools.
• General skills on ICT technologies.
• Understanding of database design, SQL and Report generation within business applications.
• Experience in writing Code/Scripts to automate daily EOD processes and setup feeds.
• Knowledge of Gunvor’s ‘core’ Oil Trading system (NOVA), or any other similar CTRM and Operations/Shipping applications used at Gunvor, (e.g. Triple Point CXL, Trayport, ICE, EEX, IMOS-Shipping, etc), will be a distinct advantage.
• Business Analysis and related techniques experience, especially in the energy/trading sector will be an advantage.
• Other languages in addition to English will be useful but not mandatory, e.g. French.
• Certifications/experience on any of the following will be very useful: Microsoft software technologies, Software design, development and testing methodologies / concepts, Project management, ITIL.
• Technical knowledge of applications and database design/development techniques.
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.