|Date Posted:||May 6|
|Wage:||$25.00 - $33.00/hour, plus benefits|
TITLE: Tax & Royalty Accountant
RATE: $25.00 - $33.00/hour
TYPE: Contract (6+ months)
LOCATION: Houston, Galleria area
Hi - The manager is looking for someone with the following experience:
• State Tax & Royalty Reporting
• Federal Royalty (Offshore Natural Revenue Resources – ONRR)
• Revenue Accounting
• Accounts Reconciliation
• SAP – PRA (Production Revenue Accounting)
In addition to the above experience, the successful candidate should have the following skill sets;
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
This position reports to the Tax & Royalty Manager within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for tax and royalty monthly balance reconcilements. This position will regularly interface with Revenue Accounting, Production Reporting, Land and Division Order. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines. This person needs to take the initiative and must be able to work with deadlines. Will be responsible for getting accounts current. The ideal candidate will be persistent and flexible and will have excellent communication skills. Will work on a team of 10 people
• Understand the field setup and flow and revenue bookings that flow into the tax and royalty reports.
• Work with Tax and Royalty Team to understand outstanding balances.
• Review tax and royalty account balances and actively work outstanding balances.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconcilements.
• Interact positively with other departmental personnel.
• Bring ideas that promote sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance highly preferred
• Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems and Excel
• Work Experience: 5+ years of O&G experience required with tax and royalty focus.
Experience in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and North Dakota is a plus.
Experience in ONRR, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and North Dakota is a plus.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.