|Date Posted:||Jul 8|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||$43.00 - $45.00 / Per hour|
TITLE: Systems Engineer
LOCATION: North Houston
TYPE: Contract to Hire
Rate: $43.00 - $45.00 / Per hour
Our client is looking to hire a Systems Engineer for technical support of the server infrastructure. The selected candidate will design, implement, operate and assist with end user support for the application, web, database and back-end management systems. Standardizing on Dell XR2 PowerEdge servers, also support for some legacy equipment including HPE and Kontron servers. Utilizing current procedures, adhering to change management controls, aligning to security requirements and performing root cause analysis for problems impacting production. Responsibilities are to help identify, analyze, document and manage the implementation of both short-term tactical and long-term strategic solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service quality.
- Provide tier 3 end-user support for issues surrounding server infrastructure.
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot server infrastructure equipment including but not limited to: Dell, HPE ProLiant, VMware, SQL, Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy Management
- Assist backup infrastructure support as needed for critical issues that the backup administrators are having difficulty with.
- Assist in planning/designing/leading/implementing upgrades and new solutions.
- Maintain adherence to best practices in all activities to support high availability and to maintain a secure infrastructure.
- Create, maintain and update diagrams/documentation of evolving infrastructure and operational procedures.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members as needed for helpdesk/desktop team support.
- Work directly with the network engineers (on the same infrastructure team) to collaborate on potential network issues impacting our server infrastructure
- Interface with customers as needed when planning solutions and when troubleshooting problems.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external peers to accomplish assignments with the primary goal of assisting our customers with maintaining business continuity.
- Respond to critical outages after hours and on weekends if the on-call support is not able to mitigate the issue and it is determined that the issue is server related.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and after-hours only when necessary for emergency outages
- Travel to offices and other remote locations from time to time for projects.
- Track work time and notes for all work performed.
- Required to lift or move up to 50 pounds
• Oil & Gas
• vSphere/ESXi/Windows/Server Administration
• Cisco/Palo Alto Routers/Switches/Firewalls/Wireless
• PI OSI Historian
• Working with and supporting automation groups
• Script and Tool Debugging
- 3+ years of Systems Engineer experience in a large corporate environment.
- 3+ years related experience in modern data center technologies
- Experience with VMware vSphere administration and ESXi deployment.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016 administration.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio at an intermediate level for documentation
- Virtual Networking within vSphere
- Cisco CCNA or work experience equivalent
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Forest Administration
- DNS Administration
- GPO Administration
- Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams
- Ability to work both independently and in a group
- Good team player, willing to share knowledge with the team
- Strong desire to learn and grow your skill
- Practical experience with remote monitoring tools
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, problem solving skills
- Extreme efficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Visio, etc. Ability to work with team to build project schedules and timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and excellent customer service skills
- Oil and Gas experience, including automation software suite (Rockwell/Siemens/Omron)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Engineering or Business Administration plus 3 years information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of experience and responsibility
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.