|Date Posted:||May 10|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||$80,000 - $85,0000|
TITLE: Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Northwest Houston Onsite
TYPE: Contract to hire 6 Months
PAY RATE: $38.00 - $40.00 per hour
Our client is looking for an Systems Administrator primary responsibility is to deploy, configure and maintain various infrastructure, systems and applications within the I.T. division and, assist other divisions where I.T. infrastructure is leveraged. This position will also assist with end user deskside support as necessary.
- Research, acquire, install and maintain enterprise I.T. applications to benefit the overall health and mission of the organization while retaining a high level of system uptime.
- Work with vendors as needed on areas of responsibility.
- Work with team/staff in troubleshooting complex problems & systems.
- Provide timely root cause analysis reports on system/service related issues.
- Participate in any required on-call rotations/schedules and disaster recovery efforts.
- Project management for areas of responsibility including coordination with other groups/resources
- Provide bi-annual audits of all critical systems and certify/verify redundancy, security and functionality.
- Develop systems documentation and training programs and provide staff training as needed, this includes any installation, configuration and alerting.
- Assist in annual budget process ensuring all items are included in the budget to support the operation of your systems/services.
- Attend Industry and professional conferences as directed including extended out of town training required for related areas.
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work with others professionally under all working conditions.
- Must be able to develop a course of action based upon general goals outlined by Leadership.
- Must be self motivated, enjoy challenges and be able to adjust to numerous changes.
- Advanced documentation skills with the ability to create and publish system documentation including any required technical drawings.
- Must be able to think independently and discuss issues of concern with vendors, colleagues, and others.
- 5+ years of advanced system administration in a critical 7X24X365 environment
- Installation and configuration of supported Windows and Linux Server OS versions, either physical or virtual.
- Administer and maintain Cisco Call Manager phone system, phone recording systems and the endpoint devices.
- Assist in day to day administration of e-mail systems and gateways.
- Assist in the oversight, administration and planning of Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers, Group Policy, Domains and Trusts.
- Stay ahead of aging applications and infrastructure that will need to be upgraded and/or capital replaced before it reaches end of support / end of life status.
- Maintain secure environments, keeping up to date with the latest security breaches and security news.
- Facilitate the success of other division's technical endeavors where I.T. systems are leveraged.
- The ability to maintain advanced knowledge level on systems and areas of responsibility in an ever-changing technological advancing environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service and a high level of professionalism when working with others.
- Advanced broad knowledge of current IT systems and technology platforms
- Advanced knowledge of current IT systems and architecture
- Good understanding of network architecture, design and functionality
- Directly related job experience or technical certifications may be substituted
- 2/4 year degree in related field preferred
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.