|Date Posted:||Nov 10|
TITLE: Project Manager, Structure Decommissioning
CLIENT: Oil and Gas, Energy
LOCATION: Houston Texas
TYPE: 6+ month contract with possibility to extend or go permanent
URGENCY: Reviewing Resumes Now
The Project Manager, Structures Decommissioning will provide leadership and direction for the planning and execution to decommission, remove oil and gas facilities located in the Gulf of Mexico.
This position reports to the Project Manager, Facilities.
• Planning and executing work activities to decommission and remove of oil and gas facilities
• Ensuring decommissioning activities are completed safely, within budget and per schedule
• Ensuring EH&S (Environmental, Health and Safety) and engineering best practices are adopted and addressed in all aspects of work planning and execution
• Interfacing with all other decommissioning disciplines (Asset, Operations, Drilling, Land, Regulatory, Finance, Legal, Logistics, and EH&S) for planning and execution of projects.
• Preparing permit applications (e.g, removal, reefing, site clearance), responding to regulatory agencies queries necessary for obtaining regulatory approvals.
• Preparing cost estimates and AFEs (Authorization for Expenditure) and managing costs, delivering projects within approved AFE.
• Assisting supply chain by advising on potential contract vendors and suppliers, preparing bid packages, and evaluating bid submittals to award contracts.
• Contractor management including safety performance and overseeing EH&S vessel/site representatives and inspectors.
• Ensuring engineering (including 3rd party P.E. stamped designs for heavy lifts, e.g., decks, jackets, etc.), offshore procedures, risk assessments (HAZID/HAZOP) and pre-removal checklist are complete prior to contractor mobilizing to site.
• Ensuring hydrocarbon fluids and chemicals from decommissioned facilities are properly disposed and NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) is properly remediated in accordance with industry standards and governmental regulations,
• Ensuring structures and conductors are removed in accordance with approved permits
• Ensuring platform facilities, conductors, and jackets are delivered to scrap yard or fabrication yard, or if jacket is to be reefed ensuring platform is placed at artificial reef site per approved permit.
• Ensuring site clearance verification is performed at the platform location and no debris or potential obstructions to other users of the OCS (Outer Continental Shelf) remain.
• Interfacing with the project team to support synergies and resolve SIMOPS in the offshore operations
• Working with cost controller to provide monthly accruals as well as forecast cost to complete costs.
• Working with project scheduler to develop schedule as well as provide regular schedule updates and completion dates
• Keep abreast of project changes and align project priorities and goals to meet schedules
• Report project progress and outlook to the Facilities Project Manager and Asset Manager
• Minimum 15 years’ experience of project management experience in planning, delivering, or decommissioning offshore projects
• Full understanding of standard practices and interfacing requirements with project planning, development, engineering, procurement, and decommissioning activities for offshore facilities
• Skilled in managing offshore work teams, including EH&S, job hazard analysis, risk analysis, equipment and personnel logistics, procedure development, and day-to-day operation offshore
• Experience with regulatory agencies and requirements for decommissioning
• Strong communication, analytical, leadership, and planning skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent discipline, e.g., Naval Architecture)
ADDITIONAL TO CONSIDER:
• 10-20% on a normal basis. 70-80% in office in Houston HQ.
• Offshore site visits as needed for project coordination and facility evaluation
• Hybrid remote schedule. 4-1/2 days (40-hour work week); office (Tuesday – Thursday) with remote working Mondays and Fridays (subject to change)
• As needed for offshore site visits and weekends
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.