|Date Posted:||Mar 4|
TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator
CLIENT: Hospital Healthcare
TYPE: 5+ month Contract with possibility to extension and/or conversion
The Systems Administrator will maintain and administer software and hardware on major hospital systems. Consults and assists with new and existing applications hardware architecture, operating system and layered products installation and upgrades, capacity planning, systems administration, systems programming, performance monitoring, file systems management. Will research, test and participate in standards development. Will be strong in problem resolution in a technologically advanced cluster of platforms.
Must have 7+ years of the following
- Linux deployment, administration, performance tuning, monitoring.
Preferred: Docker or AIX experience would be a plus.
• Must have 7+ years of experience with administration of enterprise-level systems
• Must understand Hospital system applications.
• Knowledge of operating system file structures, commands, utilities, performance characteristics, management and control
• operating system network stacks management and usage
• Time management, troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Maintains operating system administration software.
• Conducts software product evaluations and make recommendations to management.
• Installs, tests, and provides technical support for the operating system.
• Plans upgrades, installs patches, and upgrades hardware as necessary.
• Installs, tests, maintains, and documents system utilities, and utility programs.
• Authors command language programs or scripts as necessary to automate monitoring of enterprise systems.
• Reviews hardware and software error logs and takes appropriate action when required.
• Installs, tests, and places into production required layered products.
• Monitors disk and database free space.
• Monitors storage performance using applicable tools.
• Creates scripts for and monitor the transfer of files between various systems as required.
• Analyzes and maintains the application environment.
• Provides security administration for operating system.
• Evaluates, tests, and implements appropriate data security measures.
• Monitors and maintains system performance of Enterprise Servers.
• Creates and maintains operations procedures.
• Coordinates with Network group in maintaining good response times.
• Acts as project lead on projects assigned to Technical Services
• Develops hardware configuration requirements for vendors.
• Provides end user support.
• Contributes to design of disaster recovery plan of Hospital and participates in execution of disaster recovery plan.
• Maintains Enterprise Level Storage
• Configures applicable storage RAID configurations.
• Configures software and hardware mirroring, shadowing and striping as required.
• Configures fiber channel switches as needed.
• Configures, documents, and maintains the configuration of storage controllers.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.