|Date Posted:||Jan 21|
TITLE: (W-2) Sr. Scrum Master
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas (downtown)
TYPE: Contract (W-2)
RATE: $70/hour DOE (W-2 green card holder U.S. resident)
The Sr. Scrum Master will support and lead multiple scrum teams in agile development and guide them towards product releases within set guidelines and serve as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team/program, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies and practices.
• Act as a peer mentor to other Scrum Masters and partners with Agile Coaches to drive agility scale throughout the organization
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to maximize the delivery of business value
• Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guide the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Participate and facilitate as applicable sprint planning, scrums, scrum of scrums, reviews, and retrospectives
• Assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
• Proactively identifying, managing and communicating impediments to expedite resolution
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Support and educate the Product Owner, particularly on refinement and maintaining the product backlog.
• Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style
• Develop trainings and related materials to educate scrum teams to improve collaboration, planning, and delivery.
• 5+ years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
• Certified Scrum Master (Required)
• Experience with facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
• Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc
• Familiarity and experience with Agile and DevOps Tools - (e.g., Azure DevOps, TFS, etc)
• Ability to create and facilitate team level training
• Ability to lead multiple scrum teams
• Ability to serving as a team lead for junior level Scrum Masters
• Team or people leadership preferred
• Advanced agile certifications preferred
• Bachelor’s degree and Certified Scrum Master is required
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.