|Date Posted:||Dec 12|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
Title: Sr. Scada Engineer
Location: Downtown, Houston, TX
Type: Contract to Hire
Rate: $65-$75/hour W2
Summary: Supports and troubleshoots the operational SCADA environment. Implements new management systems.
• Responsible for support of a multi-site, high availability Generation Management System in the ERCOT and PJM power market.
• Designs, installs, optimizes, supports and troubleshoots all aspects of the overall system, insuring solid reliability.
• Mentors and trains lower level Engineers.
• Ensure that all telemetry and controls are available and accurate.
• Configure and maintain alarm management of SCADA system alarms for energy controllers, customers and SCADA staff.
• Support OSI-Monarch’s Power System Applications including Energy Control Algorithm (ECA) and Automatic Generation Control (AGC)
• Maintains Monarch custom DB configurations.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
• 7+ years of verifiable experience in supporting SCADA systems in the ERCOT,PJM,MISO,SPP, CAISO and WECC Markets
• Understanding of IT physical server infrastructure technologies
• Experienced in developing backup/recovery strategies of SCADA System/Historian configuration and data as appropriate
• Experience in support of Operational Control Centers
• Experienced at system and process optimizations
• Experienced in delivering monitoring and notifications in a SCADA environment
• Understanding of NERC CIP security principals
• Proven track record of dependability
• Proven ability to work in a high profile team environment with constant verbal and written communication
• Proven capability to work in compliance with IT change control processes
• OSI Monarch Suite
• Microsoft 2008 Server R2, 2012 SQL Server, 2016 Server
• C Programming Language for custom calculations with OSI Monarch
• MODBUS/DNP/ICCP/PI Connections
• Advanced Microsoft SQL experience
• Understanding of WAN and VPN concepts
• NERC CIP Certifiable
• Ability to prioritize task and be able to respond to changes in priorities
• Ability to explain complex ideas and develop more junior team members
• Good understanding of business processes and data management
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.