|Date Posted:||May 26|
TITLE: Sr. Mobile Engineer, Remote (Nationwide)
CLIENT: Software Company
LOCATION: Houston, TX
TYPE: Contract or permanent
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Our Software client is seeking a Sr. Mobile Engineer who will be an integral part of a first-class engineering team responsible for designing and implementing access control solutions for hardware and software. You will utilize your experience to contribute to the development of new features and integration of new devices in a growing IoT platform.
• Develop cross-platform software products for use on mobile;
• Own medium-to-large-sized features from technical design through completion;
• Implement seamless user experiences to control connected-hardware such as locks, access control, thermostats, lights, & leak detection;
• Provide on-call support as required by the team;
• Write clean, correct code incorporating feedback from code reviews; consistently follow best practices;
• Make steady progress on tasks; know when to ask for help in order to get "unblocked;”
• Provide helpful and clear feedback to peers in code reviews;
• Fully understand tools used by the team and be able to assist others if needed;
• Able to interpret and follow requirements and be comfortable raising questions or issues with proposed solutions or a clear path to gaining a solution;
• Own end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity;
• Contribute to the technical design of features with teammates and architects;
• Deliver tested, complex products into the QA process that appear to be well-baked and bug-free;
• Take the initiative to fix small problems before being asked, without compromising progress on assigned tasks;
• Foster a "shipping" culture by collaborating with team members, understanding deadlines and expectations, and identifying roadblocks early;
• Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatch them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary, all while requiring minimal direction/oversight;
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure, and build system;
• Understand and utilize our production deployment systems;
• Actively participate in design review meetings for areas outside core expertise; lead design review meetings in area(s) of mastery;
• Build both deep and broad knowledge about our system;
• Make well-reasoned design decisions, recognizing trade-offs and considering priorities;
• Seek mentoring opportunities with more junior colleagues;
• Understand the product vision - including the business area, customer persona's, and priorities - supported by their team;
• Empathize with users and use that empathy to guide decision-making;
• Identify potential problems/risks in your own work and the work of others. Propose solutions to problems identified;
• Prioritize tasks well and synchronize with the team, project management, and product owner.
• MUST HAVE portfolio or Github link
• MUST HAVE 5+ years of experience in the field, addressing real-world challenges.
• 5+ years software development experience with demonstrated feature contributions;
• Ability to fulfill all the above job requirements;
• Strong experience with Swift and Kotlin;
• Strong background in native BLE;
• Proficient in React Native;
• Able to own medium-to-large-sized features from technical design through completion;
• Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies;
• Excited to impact real people every day through your work.
• Autodidactic mindset - You have a thirst for knowledge and self-improvement.
• Problem solver - thinking through challenges to come up with creative solutions energizes you.
• Passionate about code - You contribute to open source in your spare time!
• Collaborative - You are able to receive and give constructive feedback.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.