|Date Posted:||Jan 8|
|Wage:||$90,000 - $100,000/year (doe)|
TITLE: Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
CLIENT: Oil and gas (E&P)
LOCATION: Houston, TX (Galleria)
Description: E&P company wants a hands-on, self-motivated, dependable, well-organized, and results oriented professional with the ability to demonstrate a proven track record of meeting monthly deadlines and goals. Must have good interpersonal skills, a strong understanding of Financial Reporting and familiarity with computer applications. BOLO experience a plus.
Qualifications: Must be a degreed Accountant with 2-4+ years of public accounting experience serving Oil and Gas clients. Advanced MS Excel skills. CPA preferred.
Duties include –
1. Record monthly mark-to-market entries to account for all commodity derivative transactions
2. Prepare monthly LOS reports for operations and management review meetings
3. Prepare the Capital Expenditures monthly summary report
4. Prepare the depletion calculation (successful efforts) on a quarterly basis
5. Prepare the impairment test (successful efforts) on a quarterly basis
6. Prepare the Reserve Summary and Analysis on a quarterly basis
7. Prepare the contractual obligations table
8. Assist in the preparation and review of the quarterly tax provision and deferred taxes
9. Prepare monthly GL account reconciliations
10. Assist with monthly close / management reporting package
11. Liaison with external auditors coordinating and responding to auditor requests
12. Perform/Review tie out of quarterly and annual reports
13. Special Projects – upper-management requests, flux analysis, forecast vs actuals, etc.
14. Acquisitions/Divestitures requests and closing statements
15. Technical Accounting Research – drafting memos and policies
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.