|Date Posted:||Nov 1|
|Wage:||$60-$70/hr W2 or $70-$75/hr C2C|
TITLE: SQL Developer/DBA
CLIENT: International Specialty Insurance
LOCATION: Northwest Houston
TYPE: Initial 6 month contract
RATE: $60-$70/hour W2 (DOE) OR $70-$75/hour C2C
URGENCY: Immediate Need
SUMMARY: Under general direction, responsible for improvement of database services (inclusive of processes, policies, and overall increased availability and uptime) while managing the design, development, implementation, integration, and administration of applicable database systems. Coordinate with business liaisons to ensure expected availability is architected, monitored, and delivered to users, integrating new processes with existing ones to influence continued process improvement supported by technology.
Relying on advanced experience and judgment, the SQL Developer is accountable for accomplishing the following responsibilities with general latitude for actions or decisions made without review and acts independently under general direction.
• Perform database programming development activities across various MS SQL databases.
• Responsible for establishing policies, protocols, and overall ownership that results in a high level of customer satisfaction regarding the database systems responsibilities
• Ensure all interfaces to other systems are fully operational and operational integrity is sustained. Responsible for the end-to-end flow of data that is needed for continued operational integrity in identified corporate systems.
• Ensure projects (for major new releases) deliver appropriate value for the costs. Ensure scope, schedule, and budget are met.
• Review, evaluate, design, test, implement, and maintain company database(s) to support the organizational needs.
• Write scripts to create databases and database objects.
• Write scripts to create views, procedures, and functions in support of data warehouse development.
• Maintain packages and scripts for data integration.
• Maintain and create automation code for code deployment.
• Be able to create new work by understanding design documentation.
• Perform other relevant duties as assigned
• Up to two years of relevant and progressive professional experience in application and/or database development
• Experience with at least one database programming language (e.g., T-SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI SQL, etc.)
• Experience with at least one OS scripting language (e.g., vbscript, Perl, Python, Powershell, etc.)
• Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
• Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
• Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
• Understanding of relational database concepts
• Understand object oriented programming concepts
• Basic understanding of operating systems concepts
• Basic understanding of networking concepts
• General overall knowledge of information systems
• Good analytic and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently
• Task oriented with personal drive and determination to succeed
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.