|Date Posted:||Nov 21|
TITLE: SQL Database Admin / Developer
SALARY or RATE: OPEN
Currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) with a background in SQL Development
Contract 2+ months with probability of extension or conversion. Confirmed projects well into 2020.
We are looking for a SQL developer who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. You will also work other developers optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will help solve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
• Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
• Prepare documentations and specifications
• Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
• Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
• Experience with some of the modern relational databases
• Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
• Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
• Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
• Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
1. Web Technologies
• .NET Core
• Web API-Restful Services
2. Script Libraries/Frameworks
3. Data Access Technologies
• SQL Server
• Store Procedures\Functions\Triggers
• Data Modeling
4. Cloud Services Technology
• Azure cloud environments
• Visual Studio Teams Services
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.