|Date Posted:||Nov 11|
|Wage:||$130,000 - $135,000 + 15% bonus|
TITLE: Senior Systems Engineer
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $130,000 - $135,000 + 15% bonus
The Sr. Systems Engineer will work with IT management to drive the technical vision and purpose of cloud based infrastructure. This role consults with business and technical teams to steer the design and implementation of high-quality software deliverables across all-phases of all applicable projects. This position is expected to leverage considerable industry expertise to consult and influence the business's system definitions in pursuit of industry best practices. The Sr. Systems Engineer is expected to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for customer success while aligning technical solutions across the company.
- Expected to propose and implement solutions considering multiple levels of impact, such as cost/benefit, team impact and strategic support.
- Identify gaps in solutions and proactively works with both technical and business teams to resolve and reduce impacts.
- Responsible for defining and developing oversight to ensure investments are optimally focused on flexible, supportable solutions for current and future business needs.
- Share knowledge and skills with fellow team members.
- Design and document processes and procedures to ensure the compute and storage environment is operating efficiently and in line with best practices.
- Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers.
- Collaborate across teams to meet project goals.
- Manage and monitor all installed infrastructure systems.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and perform root-cause analysis on systems ranging from compute, storage, Exchange/O365, Active Directory, Windows Servers, Linux, and other related technologies.
- Provide On-Call support and systems patching on a scheduled rotation
- 8+ years of experience in the field or related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of Windows Server experience
- 3+ years of virtualization experience, VMware preferred
- 3+ years backup technology experience, VEEAM preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to configure and support Azure, AWS, and VMware infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-forest / multi-domain environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of and experience supporting the following:
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting secure, highly resilient systems
- Experienced in supporting production data center environments
- Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage and prioritize work – both project based and day-to-day operations
- Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux based systems
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts of DHCP, DNS, load balancing, scripting, SMTP, server clustering, GFS backup methodology, RBAC and ITIL methodologies
- Automation experience, Ansible preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year university or college
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.