|Date Posted:||Nov 20|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||Depends on Experience|
TITLE: Senior Systems Analyst – MapR
LOCATION: North Houston 100% in office
TYPE: Contract to hire - 6+ Months
RATE: Depends on Experience
The Senior Systems Analyst - MapR will lead the design, development, implementation and support of application systems to meet business, informational, and technical needs. The position transforms business requirements into well-designed solutions that meet business needs. This position will identify potential problems and recommend solutions to the most complex design scenarios. This position would need to provide programming estimates, deliver well documented program code and prepare code. This position will also serve as a technical lead and resource to others.
- Hands on coding experience based on defined standards to deliver world class business solutions.
- Implement solutions for both short-term, rapid fire tasks as a single developer as well as long term multi-month projects working as part of a large team.
- Analyze information from use case, business requirement document, business analysts and other team members to deliver solid, well documented program code
- Work with Architects and Project Leads to create/update code standards and application frameworks.
- Participate in weekly technical meeting and pitch in with suggestions, design and technologies necessary to assist requirements and problems.
- Identify issues that require more attention and work to resolve issues based on business needs.
- Following SDLC and provide necessary technical documents at each stage of the process.
- Mentor junior developers and assist manage project with leads by providing accurate estimates, status report and completing tasks timely and accurately.
- 6+ years' experience working with Web API, Restful Services, Messaging(Publish\Subscribe)
- 5+ years' experience with application development in Java(1.8) and Scala
- Achieve and maintain proficiency with MapR cluster and Hadoop Framework installation, debugging, and performance measurement/optimization.
- Achieve proficiency developing Big Data solutions utilizing the MapR Converged Data
Platform and ecosystem tools such as Spark, Storm, Flink and Pig.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and the Hadoop Eco-System framework
- Achieve proficiency with Big Data SQL query engines such as Drill, Spark Sql and Hive
- BS in Computer Science
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.