|Date Posted:||Nov 20|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||Depends on Experience|
TITLE: Senior Systems Analyst – Informatica
LOCATION: North Houston - 100% in office
TYPE: Contract to hire - 6 Months
RATE: Depends on Experience
The Senior Systems Analyst – Informatica, will work with members of the BI technical team on the design and development of highly scalable ETL processes and data warehouse utilizing tools such as Oracle and Informatica for a diverse set of projects. This position requires a strong understanding of the Data Warehouse architecture, design, development, and deployment of business intelligence systems.
- Act as the SME for all ETL/Informatica related matters, work with functional teams, and clarify ETL requirements and business rules.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Create Complex Informatica mappings in Power Center Designer to meet the data integration, cleansing, and migration needs.
- Develop and implement technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities.
- Develop and ensure adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components.
- Understand and experience maintaining a multi-terabyte enterprise data warehouse with an accompanying nightly update cycle within a team of like-minded and skilled professionals.
- Document designs and architect data maps, develop data quality components, and establish and/or conduct unit tests.
- Involved in Integration testing, validating test cases, performance tuning techniques.
- Work on Identifying and resolving various major production fixes and Provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimize and tune ETL processes, utilize reusability, parameterization, workflow design, caching, parallel processing, and other performance tunings.
- Provide production support for all ETL processes and maintenance.
- Develop and unit test Unix Shell Scripts for file validation as well as format the input or output data as part of Pre/Post ETL tasks
- Support of new and ongoing systems to ensure the data Integrity, dictionaries, and other documentation across multiple application
- Implement data cleansing and maintain proper normalization of enterprise data to support decision making and reporting.
- 8+ years of Informatica and data warehousing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Informatica 9.x/10.x Power Center and Power Exchange as a developer.
- 6+ years developing and designing Informatica mappings and testing the performance of ETL code; Informatica ETL Architecture, writing complex SQL queries, and stored procedure; Data Analysis and Data modeling.
- Experience in creating technical design and mapping specifications.
- Must have some development experience in a Unix/Linux environment and UNIX shell scripting.
- Must have experience with data sourcing, testing/data reconciliation, and deployment within Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Experience with large databases and DW Implementation in Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, etc
- Experience working in environments with tools like MicroStrategy, Spotfire etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with tablespaces, indexes, partitions, and query performance tuning.
- Ability to collaborate with enterprise architects, business architects, analysts, and development teams to deliver rapid iterations of complex solutions. Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, MIS, Engineering or foreign degree equivalent
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.