|Date Posted:||Apr 29|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||Depends on Experience|
TITLE: Senior Network Cloud Engineer
TYPE: Contract to hire
RATE: Depends on Experience
The Senior Network Cloud Engineer is responsible for formulating and defining the technical activities of one or more functions within one of the Technical Operations areas of Information Technology: Network Support and Administration; Data Security; Data Center Operations; Remote Technical Support; Desktop Support and Administration and IT Procurement with limited or no supervision. Utilize your extensive hands-on experience in designing and building resilient cutting-edge technology on-prem and Cloud-based network infrastructure, including SDWAN, Cloud architectures. The Senior Network Cloud Engineer is responsible for technical support and development of the functions and technology services within his/her area within the Information Technology department. Day-to-day support functions, including change control with a high emphasis on customer service is critical in this organization. The ability to solve complex tactical functions and participate in planning to achieve future technical and business objectives is expected. It is also critical that this position focus on ensuring that their area of responsibility follows and adhere to all departmental audits, Sarbanes-Oxley and other internal mandatory controls.
- Design, engineer, deploy, document, implement, and manage the Cloud-based network, enterprise, production, and client network infrastructure solutions based on specific project needs and global strategy.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining enterprise IT security administration function inclusive of following all technology security controls, policies and administration procedures.
- Maintain network and infrastructure security.
- Intrusion prevention, Firewall, Server, and Application security
- Lead engineering and technical decisions, providing technical direction, coordination, service integration and management for business units and/or internal departmental projects.
- Lead and guide other network engineers and operation support individuals from various organizations and disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure, business partners and related stakeholders.
- Produce professional diagrams and documentation for networks and operational standard methodologies, standards, policies, and procedures, using Visio and other productivity toolset.
- Manage or assist in the resolution of complex technical problems, while providing appropriate communications to all involved business partners and related stakeholders.
- Maintain, design, and architect data, security, VoIP, networks.
- Maintain audit and security compliancy.
- Keep up to date on all new technology and security policies.
- Create status reports and analyze network statistics.
- Counted on to mentor on technical aspects of their job functions along with tactical/daily functional area direction.
- May be considered as primary technical over a technology function/area.
- May be responsible for technical assistance in product and vendor selection through a documented due diligence process.
- May be responsible for technical assistance in preliminary vendor/contract negotiations.
- May be responsible for technical assistance with vendors of outsourced functions, managed services, maintenance agreements, service agreements, etc.
- Self-motivated and must be able to work independently to solve complex issues or problems with minimal or limited supervision / direction.
- Responsible for collaboration on projects with other analysts, IT leads, managers, and directors
- Ability and willingness to play a technical leadership role on a project.
- Technical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following functional areas: server and or desktop hardware and operating systems, information security, IT procurement, data center management, data storage, network management, disaster recovery, version management, and change control.
- May assist in providing technical feedback working with internal and external auditors and resolving all technology findings through their resolution.
- May be responsible for assisting with procurement and invoice processing/tracking.
- May be responsible for portions of project and operational expense budgets.
- Development and support of departmental metrics, as indicated.
- Working knowledge of the SOX and/or PCI compliance controls from an IT perspective
- Responsible for adherence to technology policies, procedures, and controls, including IT Computer Policy and internal IT policies and procedures.
- Should display solid use of all forms of communication (written, verbal by phone, verbal in person) to ensure area stays fully linked internally, with other departments / areas and with major vendors.
- Some travel is required to stay linked to regional offices and primary vendors.
- Strong sense of customer service, values and ethics
- Responsible for continuously keeping current in current and latest technology and the multi-family housing industry as needed.
- Ability to participate in team after hours on call rotation.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- 10+ years IT experience required with at least 8 of those years’ experience within functional area of expertise.
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing and supporting on premise, off-premises and hybrid network infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in building, interconnecting, and supporting networks into AWS Regions and Availability Zones.
- Including working knowledge and hands-on experience of AWS Transit VPC, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect methodologies.
- Similar experience and knowledge with other Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to build and inspect network and host security groups for technical and security analysis using native Dome9, CloudWatch, Cloud-formation, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Cyber Security and Compliance engagement.
- Ability to correctly visualize and implement virtual designs and concepts, to define project objectives.
- Capable of understanding requirements and developing comprehensive solutions incorporating technology, administration, and business processes.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, DMVPN, wireless access points, wireless LAN controllers and load balancers.
- Expertise in configuration of Cisco Nexus 7000 series, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series, Cisco 4500 Series, Cisco Catalyst 3750X, 3560 and 2960S Series Switches
- Must have strong knowledge and configuration experience with networking features and protocols EIGRP, BGP, IPsec, and MPLS
- Experience with network management tools such as Sniffers, Websense, NetQoS, Intrusion Prevention System, and SolarWinds products
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills; able to present information in clear, concise terms to all position levels in the organization, as well as business partners, vendors, and technical staff.
- Design and document network infrastructure
- Experience in real estate, specifically in multifamily housing, or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology or business-related field.
- Business equivalent experience and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Cisco VPN appliances
- AWS/Azure networking: VPN, Direct Connect, Express Route
- Microsoft server technologies
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or acquire in two years.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or acquire in two years.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator Cloud (CCNA Cloud)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Cloud (CCNP Cloud)
- Microsoft Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (MCSE)
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.