|Date Posted:||Apr 19|
TITLE: Senior Desktop Services Manager
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: Depends on Experience
The Senior Manager, US Domestic Service Desk is responsible for providing technical oversight and guidance to the Service Desk Teams responsible for handling all IT issues that arise with hardware, software, and connectivity for US domestic employees. The role is one of technical leadership, ensuring that the Service Desk Teams provide consistent customer support and problem resolution while maintaining quality standards. This role requires a very high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with executive presence and strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. The individual must be customer-focused, passionate about the end-user experience, enjoys challenging themselves constantly to improve, and empower the end-user community by providing IT knowledge and tools.
- Leads US Domestic IT Service Desk operation and continues to drive a customer-centric approach.
- Provides strong leadership and management for a diverse team, hiring strong team members, training and development, and performance evaluations.
- Works closely with the VP, Global Client Service to define and implement applicable industry best practice support model to improve client service maturity level and move to a more customer-centric support focus for all IT services.
- Establishes and manages procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (tier 1), tier 2, and tier 3 resources.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially request and incident management.
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems of complex nature to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Research, resolve and respond to highly complex questions in accordance with current standards.
- Serves as the highest level of escalation for customer problems within the Service Desk Team.
- Create service level agreements (SLO/SLAs) and key performance metrics.
- Ensure SLO/SLAs are being met.
- Implement and maintain IT and customer knowledge base.
- Develop end-user self-service support documentation.
- Work with team leaders and service desk staff to assess and implement processes and technologies for enhancing performance.
- Create and distribute corporate-wide communications to inform employees on critical business impacted services.
- Establish training materials for internal staff that educate and equip staff to deliver the highest quality customer support experience.
- Ability to communicate and build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Must quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve technical issues related to PC's, mobile devices, printers, video conferencing, etc
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a particular focus on clearly articulating IT incidents and their solutions so that both end users and technical support staff understand what is being communicated.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various technical issues.
- Ability to independently learn new technology and provide instruction to others.
- 10+ years of enterprise level Service Desk experience including solid team-leading and people management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop and application virtualization including solutions from Microsoft O365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Box, Print Servers, Manage Engine, Azure VDI, etc.
- Working knowledge profile management tools, application provisioning and patching tools
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD GPOs, OUs, MFA, Application and Security policies
- Mobile device support for Windows, Android and Apple
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 administrative tasks including provisioning, permissions, and access modifications
- Working knowledge of mobile device management technologies and industry-accepted security policies
- Strong knowledge of optimization and full utilization of technology-supported, including a solid understanding of technology capabilities and limitations
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all kinds of internal customers and external vendors
- Effective Customer service, leadership, and team motivational skills
- Excellent problem solving, diagnosing, and troubleshooting skills
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards
- Experience in managing and negotiating complex vendor and services contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or other related field preferred.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.