|Date Posted:||Sep 29|
|Wage:||$145,000 - $165,000|
TITLE: Senior IT Security Manager
LOCATION: Northwest Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $145,000 - $165,000 / per year
The Senior IT Security Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a strategic, comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity and IT risk management program. The IT Security Manager will provide the vision and leadership necessary to manage the risk to the organization and will ensure business alignment, effective governance, system and product availability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Manage and develop staff and vendor to include selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback and correction actions
- Implement and maintain formal policies to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Create and maintain Security Libraries to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Research and evaluate current and future security threats
- Identify and resolve potential system, security, employee, and workplace security threats prior to standards being released, which require such controls or threat realization
- Implement and perform regular and formal risk assessments and security impact analyses on company facilities, systems, and components
- Manage and lead internal, client, vendor, and third -party security assessments
- Perform monitoring, auditing, and integrity check functions daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually as dictated in Security policies
- Conduct or Manage annual vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Perform or Manage ethical hacking to comply with vendor and client contractual requirements
- Be accountable for all issues identified by annual vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Lead companywide security awareness training program and assure compliance in accordance with the training
- Lead the incident response team for any security related events as outlined in the associated IT Policy
- Conduct and lead the disaster recovery and business continuity processes to ensure systems as always available and working properly
- Manage the security analysis phase of all projects and initiatives for all departments
- Perform best-practices investigations of system, security, employee, and workplace incidents
- Develops, maintains and publishes up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Oversees training and dissemination of security policies and practices.
- Evaluates new cybersecurity threats and IT trends and develops effective security controls.
- Oversees development of security awareness programs.
- Develops and oversees effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with company business continuity management program goals.
- Coordinates development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure business critical services are recovered in the event of disasters or other incidents, and provides direction, support and in-house consulting in these areas.
- Evaluates potential security breaches, coordinates response, and recommend corrective actions.
- Supervise staff as assigned in the performance of the job duties.
- Define and report on information security metrics.
- Provides project management and leadership to staff and external resources in support of established goals and objectives, improved efficiencies, and problem resolution.
- Ensures accomplishment of all objectives in accordance with District policies, procedures, and strategic direction, as well as regulatory standards governing the District.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and regulatory trends and developments for the enterprise technology
- 8+ years of experience in IT Security.
- Advanced knowledge of security controls related to detection, analysis, containment, eradication and recovery from cyber security incidents
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft windows operating system vulnerabilities
- Basic understanding of end point hardening (server and client)
- Basic understanding of firewall rules and how to audit and test the rules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- A demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex and high visible programs and/or multiple projects on-time and within budget that realize the agreed upon scope to meet the business goals.
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading and managing collaborative, cross-functional relationships including executive stakeholders and multiple vendors.
- Substantial experience in change, issue and risk management, strong negotiation skills.
- Averse with multiple project methodologies and tools.
- Experience in establishing cybersecurity and risk metrics for reporting
- Strong Emotional Intelligence with demonstrated sustained leadership in a large organization involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated management skills, e.g., budget development and administration, policy development and implementation, personnel administration, staff training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people; effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred in an IT Related Field, preferably security related
- Highly preferred security certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC
- Knowledge of Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) (certification preferred) with respect to security administration and information technology governance in a multiplatform environment.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.