|Date Posted:||Oct 28|
|Wage:||$120,000 - $140,000 (doe), plus bonus|
TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
CLIENT: Mid-sized, global
LOCATION: Northwest Houston, TX
SALARY: $120,000 - $140,000 (doe), plus bonus and benefits
Corporate IT has embarked on building DevSecOps capability for the business applications. We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer for designing and developing the capability from grounds up. This is an individual contributor role with hands on scripting for 80+% of the time. The position will be in the corporate office in Houston, TX.
• Automation: Work with multiple development, security, operations and QA teams to automate release for current and future products. Assist development teams in the implementation and customization of automated pipelines and enable self-service. Automate build/test/package/deploy/secure tasks via Continuous Integration/ Continuous deployment pipelines. Publish KPIs and metrics for automation projects. Develop reusable patterns and pipeline components
• Analytical: Evaluate automation tools, run POCs, and make recommendations
• Collaborate: Empower other teams through knowledge transfer, self-service mechanisms, and communication channels
• Problem Solving: Ensure availability and performance through timely response to incidents and problems
• Within the first 30 days, familiarize with company environment
• Within the first 45 days, meet with the key members of the application development, information security, operations and QA team to understand the existing strategies and product lines, introduce yourself and provide a high-level overview of your role.
• At 90 days, as an integral part of the Corporate IT team, start taking ownership on the automation process.
• The successful candidate ideally will have 7-8 years of relevant and progressive application development experience in .NET and/or Java
• 2+ years of coding experience in any of the scripting languages
• Experience working on AWS
• Experience developing reusable automated CI/CD pipelines using AWS CDK and Code Pipeline, Jenkins
• Scripting experience with build tools such as AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Build, MS Build, NuGet
• Experience with Windows Server, Linux
• Experience integrating monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, LogRhythm, Hygiea with CI/CD pipelines
• Exposure to code quality such as SonarQube
• Exposure to test automation tools and frameworks such as NUnit, Selenium, and JMeter/Blaze Meter
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure
• Excellence in communicating with all roles - technical or business across the organization
• Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude.
• Ability to juggle multiple high priority projects at the same time.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, technology, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
This company offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. They are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join the team of professionals.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.