|Date Posted:||Aug 2|
|Wage:||$115,000 - $120,000|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
TITLE: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
LOCATION: San Antonio
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $115,000 - $120,000
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst develops data analytic, algorithm, simulation, and optimization (prescriptive analytics) models to solve problems by applying statistical techniques to large, diverse data elements. Provides data mining and predictive analytics to identify opportunities to improve supply chain performance and commercial profitability.
- Provides data extraction, economic analysis, and report development for the Transportation department across all aspects of the business, including marine and rail operations, demurrage, chartering and vessel performance, barge fleet performance and utilization.
- Provides data mining capabilities from various systems (MINT, SAP-TSW, Veson-IMOS, etc.), and serves as the go-to person for accessing data and associated analysis.
- Analyzes drivers of demurrage, identifies bottlenecks that could be solved by investment in tanks and logistics, and pre-screens and then recommends projects to reduce costs.
- Serves/Acts as a business process expert, including facilitating process improvement initiatives that reduce supply chain costs across the commercial floor.
- Serves/Acts as a technical expert in system tools and collaborates with information systems team to implement enhancements.
- Solves complex analytical challenges for all businesses and develops custom algorithms and in-depth data analytics.
- Uses statistical analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition, and data visualization to solve supply chain optimization or commercial profitability opportunities.
- Develops refinery logistics simulation models.
- Develops and publishes predictive marine route analysis to improve vessel optimization and predictability.
- Processes unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis. Develops and maintains regular reporting of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develops and publishes the Business Unit Report (BUR) Transportation deliverables to senior management.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence Analytics or logistics required.
- Experience in big data analytics, machine learning, predictive modeling, and prescriptive analytics preferred.
- SQL Experience
- Experience in refining planning & economics preferred.
- Experience in the petroleum marine transportation or other logistics/supply chain-related field preferred.
- Coding experience and knowledge with VBA, C, C , Python, R, or Scala languages preferred.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning, a plus
- Be able to work with Raw Data sets
- Bachelor's or higher level degree in Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics or Management Information Systems required.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.