|Date Posted:||Nov 13|
|Wage:||$40.00 / Per hour|
TITLE: VB.Net Developer
LOCATION: Northeast Houston
Rate: $40.00 / per hour
Our client is in need of a Senior Programmer/Analyst’s for their team. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. The Senior Programmer / Analyst will write code, test and analyze software programs and applications. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This individual will also provide mentoring, support and guidance to the Programmer/Analyst’s role.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Understand code/ functionality of existing systems, gather/ analyze requirements, design: (Application n-tier architecture, Database and GUI), develop: (Modules/ Code/ Functions/ Stored Procedures), test and deploy new software application.
- Execute code builds to test and production environments.
- Migrate and re-structure data from old data source to new database.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming/ database scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary for existing applications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 7+ years of Software development experience
- Experience in designing application Architecture and Database with OOAD concepts.
- Experience in deployment of web-based application in IIS.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle (analysis, design, develop, test, deploy and maintenance).
- Capability of understanding code/functionalities of existing systems in Excel/Access VBA and migrate them to new application with enhancements.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, or years of related experience.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.