|Date Posted:||May 26|
|Wage:||$120,000 - $125,000 / Per Year|
TITLE: Senior Automation Engineer
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $120,000 - $125,000 / Per Year
The Senior Automation Engineer will be part of a team developing automation solutions. This position will take a leadership role on deployment projects, interface with customers in various stages of the project, be a mentor to junior engineers and provide technical consulting, develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles, and provide level 3 technical support to external and internal customers
Responsible for project success as a project leader or as part of a project team, ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed, interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems, and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Act as Controls and Automation engineer with role of designing and developing software for drilling applications based on given requirements and specification.
- Have a good understanding of basic machine controls which include induction motor control using AC Drives, MCCs, hydraulic/pneumatics and valve controls.
- Control software development will also include developing machine control algorithms for PLC based systems.
- HMI design and implementation, instrumentation and sensor interface, data logging, and communication interfaces with other industrial processors like PLC’s.
- Duties will include generation of Design documentation, PLC Code, HMI applications, Bill of Materials, Network Architectures, One Line Drawing, Operations manuals.
- Responsible of sustaining current rig applications and debugging / fixing issues that are reported in the field. This could be by answering calls and working with technicians, remotely connecting to rig system and troubleshoot, or by traveling to the rig site and working with rig personnel to fix the issue.
- Project lead on commissioning and rig deployments.
- Technical consultant to business stake holders, assist in gathering requirements from customers.
- Maintain product safety in all designs.
- Perform design prototyping, including field implementing and testing.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of communication networks and wiring issues with PLCs and other NW components.
- Support management on intellectual property issues.
- 10+years’ experience in an engineering environment, developing controls and automation software in Rockwell or Siemens systems
- 5+ years in drilling equipment automation
- PLC : RSlogix 5000, SLC 500
- HMI: Factory Talk. Understanding for Rockwell software suite
- Understanding of Hydraulics/Pneumatics, AC drives and controls a plus (ABB/Converteam/Yaskawa)
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols, including OPC, MODBUS, Ethernet IP, and Profibus required.
- Software design and development experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Understanding of various communication protocols Profibus, Modbus, OPC, ethernetIP, etc.
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Basic knowledge of Cisco switches and configurations
- Project management and presentation skills
- Ability to extract and document requirements from user problem description
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering from recognized University
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.