|Date Posted:||Oct 4|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Wage:||Depends on Experince|
TITLE: Senior Analyst Virtualization Systems and Cloud Engineer
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Contract to Hire
RATE: Depends on Experience
The Senior Analyst Virtualization Systems and Cloud Engineer will work with IT management to drive the technical vision and purpose of cloud based infrastructure.
This role consults with business and technical teams to steer the design and implementation of high-quality software deliverables across all-phases of all applicable projects. This position is expected to leverage considerable industry expertise to consult and influence the business's system definitions in pursuit of industry best practices.
- The Engineer is expected to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for business success while aligning technical solutions.
- This strategic role is expected to propose and implement solutions considering multiple levels of impact, such as cost/benefit, team impact and strategic support.
- The Sr. Engineer works to identify gaps in solutions and proactively works with both technical and business teams to resolve and reduce impacts.
- VMware virtualization experience is a requirement for this role.
- Supporting the VMware public and private cloud initiatives, automation, operational support of infrastructure components, and supporting technologies
- Accountable for architecture and design documentation and review of IT initiatives
- Experience with major enterprise hardware platforms, i.e. EMC/Dell, Cisco
- Understanding or have experience with Agile and Lean philosophies
- Understand and implement storage networking with iSCSI and FCOE technologies.
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Accountable for the quality of technical decisions and governance.
- Act as the SME for all aspects of infrastructure implementations in hosted on premise and/or Azure.
- Collaborate across teams to meet project goals.
- This will include working with developers, IT security, and other IT teams across the organization.
- Deliver business value using creative and effective approaches.
- Design and document processes and procedures to ensure the compute, storage and cloud environments are operating efficiently and in line with best practices.
- Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Manage and monitor all installed infrastructure systems.
- Vaccination Information: Our client requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. Our client does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions and/or Azure
- 5+ years of Windows and Linux Server experience
- 3+ years of virtualization experience, VMware preferred
- 2+ years of experience producing enterprise guidelines and standards
- Experience in managing storage devices like Islion, Pure Storage etc.
- Hands On experience in working with different vendors like EMC, Cisco, Datacenter providers etc.
- Advanced knowledge in at least one of the infrastructure disciplines and functions:
- Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS) internals
- Advance knowledge on Virtualization
- Systems Programming
- Network Programming
- Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
- Proven ability to configure and support Azure and VMware infrastructure and services
- Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage and prioritize work -- both project based and day-to-day operations
- Automation experience, Ansible preferred
- Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux based systems
- Enterprise storage technologies, Isilon and Pure SAN preferred
- Requires a bachelors' degree 8+ years of experience in the field or related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.