|Date Posted:||Sep 8|
|Wage:||Depends on Experience|
Job Title: SCADA Analyst
Location: Downtown Houston/Remote
RATE: Depends on experience
Our client is looking for a SCADA Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience working hands on with EMS/GMS (ideally OSI’s Monarch system) along with LINUX and Windows operating systems.
- Work alongside the system operators to provide real-time support of the GMS by troubleshooting and resolving problems, interacting with the counterparties, ICCP, ISOs and vendor support resources.
- Using past GMS/EMS and IT development experience, you will configure, update and maintain the system by adding devices such as RTUs and generators, working with Calculation code and one-line diagrams.
- Working with ISOs to understand market changes and make improvements/updates to the existing system and developing new displays for dispatchers.
- Defining application requirements and participate in workshops, data and process modeling and prototyping sessions.
- Ensuring business and technical needs and opportunities are identified and satisfied throughout design, development and implementation efforts.
- Help facilitate meetings and agendas.
- Gather and analyze information required for proper technical design, including the identification and evaluation of purchased package solutions.
- May interact with security and infrastructure areas to recommend appropriate security and control factors and infrastructure requirements for applications.
- Working with other client systems like eDNA plant historian to provide or obtain data to and from the real-time systems.
- Design, develop and maintain tools for various teams involved in market operations and settlements.
- 5+ years of experience with developing and/or supporting EMS/SCADA applications is required.
- Strong experience working with SCADA/PI/OSI Monarch
- Must have solid customization and administration experience and coordinating with ISO markets.
- Good understanding in configuring and supporting applications using DNP, ICCP, etc.
- Good knowledge of structured query languages like Oracle; SQL.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of concepts of information technology, standard application development methods, and relational database technology.
- Ability to implement standard analysis, programming, and testing techniques across the development life cycle of systems.
- Ability to determine the use of appropriate current information processing technology, applies logical reasoning to moderately complex situations, and analyzes problems of a moderately complex nature and derives workable solutions.
- Must have advanced ability to develop and maintain business applications using application development tools as defined.
- Project Management skills and experience with MS Office technologies i.e. Word; Excel; Spreadsheets etc.)
- Having a positive attitude along with solid verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment and be flexible in your role.
- Experience with Oracle, C/C++ on UNIX platforms, query language and .Net is preferred.
- Four Year degree highly desired/Electrical Engineering a plus
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.