|Date Posted:||Mar 5|
TITLE: Referral Transcriptionist
LOCATION: Houston TX
SALARY or RATE: $15.00hour
To transcribe referrals from external providers by retrieving physician referral orders from an electronic system and entering customer data and referral details into the electronic medical record (EMR).
• Collects patient referral information and enters it accurately.
• Checks for existing medical record using approved patient look-up method. If no medical record exists, employee will register the patient and create a medical record.
• Reviews faxed referral order and types all order information in to the appropriate order fields in the EMR.
• Reviews the newly created order for accuracy- Assures that all demographic information (physician, patient name/alias and payer information) is complete and accurate, including spelling, as measured by supervisory observation and quality audits.
• Scans the faxed order and places scanned image in the media tab in the EMR.
• Seeks clarification of unclear or omitted data from referral order.
• Employee will send referral to referring provider when any pertinent information is omitted from referral form, seeking clarification.
• Communicates to appropriate Manager any difficulty with garnering referral information in a timely manner, as needed.
• Ensures the delivery of excellent customer service and exemplary employee relations.
• Demonstrates excellent phone skills by seeking and accepting feedback for telephone etiquette self-improvement in a positive manner.
• Participates in achieving hospital/department goals.
• Maintains knowledge of hospital/department information, as evidenced by a combination of participation in unit meetings or review of meeting minutes.
• Demonstrates an understanding of on-going hospital/department goals, structures and priorities as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback.
• Participates in performance improvement initiatives as evidenced by supervisory observation.
• Ability to navigate multiple computer programs and information systems
• Good verbal/written communication skills and customer service
• The ability to work autonomously and efficiently with strong emphasis on telecommunications, solid interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and computer skills
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology
• Operate basic office equipment; proficient in use of word processing/spreadsheet programs and other hospital information systems; utilize a multi-line telephone; and accurately type 40+ words a minute
• The ability to read in English and copy order data
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.