|Date Posted:||Apr 1|
TITLE: QA Analyst
LOCATION: North Houston
RATE: Depends on Experience
The QA Analyst will plan, design and execute high level functional, non-functional and performance testing of applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are operating according to specifications and free of errors.
- Contribute to providing input on test plans, estimates, and test strategies for projects, and working closely with developers.
- Serve as a team member on large, complex projects on the testing responsibilities, performance strategies and script coverage
- Ability to review requirements and ensure that they are captured in the testing tool
- Participates in the review of design, and configuration deliverables as input to test case development and performance script development
- Prepares test scripts, manages test data, executes tests and documents results to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of processes.
- Executes test cases, compares results to requirements and reports defects to development to improve future processes
- Responsible for development and execution of automation test scripts.
- Conducts integration and regression testing
- Familiar working in Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions and work towards results.
- Able to achieve results fast both individually and through teams.
- Be responsive to the needs of the organization (flexible work schedule).
- 4+ years hands on experience testing software
- 5 years testing of UI / front end and backend testing and test automation
- Experience with DB testing – SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with API/Web Services testing - JSON, SOAP/XML
- Experience with test automation tools – Selenium, SOAPUI
- Experience with Java/python for test automation using Selenium
- Strong knowledge of the QA review and testing process/methodologies, designing test scenarios and test scripts, including understanding various testing techniques
Sound judgment, tact, and analytical ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in SQL/NoSQL.
- Experience in development of automation test scripts with Selenium, SoapUI or JMeter
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.