|Date Posted:||Aug 22|
|Wage:||Depends on Experience|
TITLE: Project / Program Manager
LOCATION: West Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: Depends on Experience
The Project / Program Manager initiate and drive projects forward. The best candidate will consult with all stakeholders to translate the go-to-market release initiative and tasks into a defined project with goals, objectives, deliverables and scope. Quickly shift gears and adapt to the unique needs of each project you lead. Proven track record running multiple projects simultaneously, managing the cross project dependencies and delivering on time, on budget and with high client satisfaction.
- Obtain release approval and manage all activities and milestones required.
- Perform a governing role - including monitoring change requests or deviations from the scope - to ensure that the work is carried out according to the plan.
- Motivate a cross-functional team members exerting influence without authority.
- Establish effective oversight, and serve as day-to-day point of contact for senior management and stakeholders (President, EVP, VP, Directors, etc.).
- Provide impartial transparency into the work being done.
- Measure, monitor and report release and schedule details to all stakeholders weekly.
- Ensure that the communication processes are effective, and linkages are maintained between the business units and the organization’s strategic direction.
- Be the primary point of escalation on issues for the team.
- Conduct risk management analysis after pro-actively identifying risks, and then escalating issues to Management, both from a day-to-day, and long-term perspective.
- Run Root Cause Analysis reviews for major issues, to ensure that issue is not repeated, and processes are improved.
- You will have the opportunity to grow into a senior role managing other project managers and helping to improve other programs within the organization.
- Opportunities to move into an operations role where they are managing strategic business objectives and improving processes.
- High visibility.
- Will work with and build strong relationships with teams across the organization.
- Will gain hands-on experience in every department in the organization and become a subject matter expert on internal processes.
- 5+ years of hands-on project management experience and have successfully overseen and delivered numerous complex projects in the past.
- Relationship-builder who enjoys working closely with and learning from internal teams. - Easily gain the trust of your teammates and are excellent at explaining the big-picture vision and obtaining stakeholder buy in.
- Highly detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.
- Strong multi-tasker who can track the progress of multiple team members and motivate them to put their best foot forward.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project as well as other project management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communicator who can clearly articulate project needs to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proactively follow up on action items and don’t hesitate when it comes to picking up the phone or sending an email.
- During meetings you are always on time, have a clear agenda to discuss, and take comprehensive notes that can easily be referenced back to.
- Pick out key details in conversations and capture action items without stopping the flow of discussion.
- PMP, PMI, or ACP certification is considered a huge plus.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.