|Date Posted:||Nov 11|
TITLE: Project Manager (PMO)
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: Depends on Experience
The Functional & Technical Project Manager (PMO) will report to the CIO and be tasked with initiating and driving highly complex, large-scale, strategic IT and business initiatives forward. The best candidate will consult with all stakeholders to translate initiatives and tasks into a defined project with goals, objectives, deliverables and scope. Quickly shift gears and adapt to the unique needs of each project you lead. Proven track record running multiple projects simultaneously, managing cross project dependencies and delivering on time, on budget and with high client satisfaction.
- Motivate cross-functional team members exerting influence without authority.
- Establish effective oversight, and serve as day-to-day point of contact for senior management and stakeholders (President, EVP, VP, Directors, etc.).
- Provide impartial transparency into the work being done.
- Measure, monitor and report release and schedule details to all stakeholders weekly.
- Ensure that the communication processes are effective, and linkages are maintained between the business units and the organization’s strategic direction.
- Be the primary point of escalation on issues for the team.
- Continuously work the PMs and BAs on improvement opportunities such as meeting facilitation, critical thinking techniques, tactical issue resolution and how to move things along
- Responsible for reviewing PMs key project deliverables before they get published
- Manages day-to-day activities in the PMO to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements.
- High visibility.
- Will work with and build strong relationships with teams across the organization.
- Will gain hands-on experience in every department in the organization and become a subject matter expert on internal processes.
- 5+ years of hands on experience as a project manager/program manager on business and IT projects.
- Strong technical skills with a balance of functional skills.
- Relationship-builder who enjoys working closely with and learning from internal teams. - Easily gain the trust of your teammates and are excellent at explaining the big-picture vision and obtaining stakeholder buy in.
- Highly detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.
- Strong multi-tasker who can track the progress of multiple team members and motivate them to put their best foot forward.
- Strong verbal and written communicator who can clearly articulate project needs to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proactively follow up on action items and don’t hesitate when it comes to picking up the phone or sending an email.
- During meetings you are always on time, have a clear agenda to discuss, and take comprehensive notes that can easily be referenced back to.
- Pick out key details in conversations and capture action items without stopping the flow of discussion.
- PMP, PMI, or ACP certification is considered a huge plus.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.