|Date Posted:||Jan 15|
|Wage:||$115,000 - $140,000 (doe)|
TITLE: Project Manager – Commercial Construction
CLIENT: Construction and Real Estate Development
LOCATION: West Houston
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the schedule, budget, quality, safety, and relationships of a construction project in partnership with the Superintendent. This position plans and coordinates all aspects of the construction process to manage the risk at hand effectively. This includes managing subcontractors, suppliers, contract negotiations, client expectations, dispute resolution, estimating/pricing, material procurement and schedule production.
- Attend planning meetings and project status meetings.
- Develop and maintain the project plan by producing summary status reports, issuing monthly projections, and change orders, change proposals/pricing for both the owner and the subcontractor(s), creating/monitoring pay applications and cash flow to manage the budget.
- Develop all project administration, correspondence, letters, etc.
- Develop industry relationships and expand professional networks that have potential to generate future sales opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of job contract and contract documents.
- Maintain the Job Cost Report, ledgers, and budget.
- Oversee the work of assistant project managers and participates in delivering training for other project and some field staff.
- Manage all submittal approvals, RFI's, RFP's, RFCO's, ASI's, Material Procurement.
- In partnership with the Superintendent and when appropriate, help coordinate delivery of material and supplies to job sites. - Coordinate delivery of material and supplies to job sites.
- Initiate, organize, and attend project meetings with appropriate members of the project team and ensure that meeting agendas and meeting minutes are produced and distributed to attendees and other necessary parties.
- Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
- Cultivates and maintains a strong relationship with current and potential clients.
- Ensures all contract files are set up properly, contract reporting is timely and accurate and no contract activity goes unbilled and follows up on respective payments.
- Implement and ensure that the project closeout process is done on each job, which includes an electronic file with all necessary documentation included and in an organized and standardized fashion.
- Keeps abreast of competition, area growth trends, market studies and other circumstances of possible impact on regional operations. Keeps abreast of legislative development and government actions affecting the Company.
- Lead regular owner-architect-contractor meetings to monitor and assess the status of construction projects and facilitate proper planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field required.
- 5-8 years of experience on commercial projects and on-site experience in the management of new construction and the renovation of existing assets required. Public work experience with project management on projects with entities such as the City of Houston, Harris County, the Houston Airport System, etc. is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of the construction process, budgeting, accounting and procurement to manage a construction project required.
- Computer skills including MS Office and scheduling software such as Suretrak, Project, P6, Procore, PlanSwift, or equivalent required.
- LEED Accreditation a plus.
- Valid Driver's License required.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.