|Date Posted:||Apr 18|
TITLE: Project Manager
CLIENT: Energy Oil & Gas
LOCATION: Houston, TX
RATE: $55/hour DOE
The role of the Project Manager is to lead by planning and executing work to deliver against stakeholder requirements and objectives while managing cost, time, scope, quality, and expectations. This includes building a project team and coordinating the efforts of its members as well as third-party contractors or consultants.
• Develop and lead project planning efforts including project definition, project justification/NPV, proposals, success criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business and technical resources.
• Effectively apply appropriate project methodology and enforce project standards.
• Ability to lead initiatives based on several software development approaches (waterfall, agile, etc.)
• Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate documentation and processes to ensure compliance.
• Consult with business and IT partners to strategize, plan and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints.
• Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
• Host and facilitate regular meetings with business, technical, and other resources and stakeholders for status updates, requirements definition, technical design, architectural reviews, demand management, and audit review.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with project stakeholders.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Plans project resourcing needs and works with resource managers to source and plan assignments and schedules.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before delivery to the business or production support.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Identifies, manages, and mitigates project risks and establish contingency plans and identify trigger events. Perform continuous monitoring and controls to minimize project risk
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Allocate, communicate and control project budgets
• Maintain project actual and forecasted budgets utilizing the various IT systems used for requests for expenditures, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
• Hold project close out meetings including financial close out procedures and lessons learns sessions
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management and/or operations management (or equivalent experience) with demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and team-projects.
• 5+ years’ experience in facilitating and managing small to large projects through project life cycle leading cross functional teams and development resources
• 5+ years’ hands-on experience with Microsoft Project developing complex plans comprising of multiple teams and resources
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks while abiding to established schedules
• Ability to create/maintain project metrics and manage customer expectations on a weekly/monthly basis including delivery schedules, scope management, risks/issues, and budget through the life of the project(s).
• Skilled in managing waterfall and agile projects.
• Understanding and experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls and how the control environment impacts both the business and IT processes and systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation.
• A motivated self-starter with capability to operate on their own with little direction and/or monitoring along with an enterprise vision – ability to see big picture and relate to corporate strategy
• Capability to help deliver quality business solutions within restricted timelines while appropriately communicating/escalating risks, issues, or constraints as necessary to business and/or IT management.
• Ability to elicit and obtain cooperation and buy-in from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, business partners, and other departments.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Ability to lead through ambiguity toward clear definition.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members, business partners, and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and be able to change delivery of communication accordingly.
• Experienced user of IT productivity tools such as EXCEL, ACCESS, WORD, and POWERPOINT, any project management software.
• Knowledge of the utility and/or the deregulated energy industry and/or telecom is preferred.
• Experience managing and agile team as a scrum master
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science required.
• PMP certification preferred
• CSM certification preferred
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.