|Date Posted:||Sep 2|
TITLE: Program Manager
LOCATION: Houston Texas
SALARY: 60-70K DOE
URGENCY: Reviewing Resumes
SUMMARY: We are currently seeking a professional to fill the Program Manager position open, reporting to the Sr Director of Program Management here in Houston.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Leads and plans a variety of projects including: product transitions, strategic projects, new-technology implementation projects, and more
• Contributes to continuous business process review and improvement; drives the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations
• Maintains excellent understanding of the client’s products and processes and manages the review and negotiation of sow/ contract
• Develops product expertise for all new products transferred and recommends pricing for proposed services
• Partners with all site departments to ensure that products/projects are introduced on time and that quality is maintained
• Emphasizes the importance of right-first-time concepts to project teams to maximize efficiency and productivity
• Manages prioritization criteria and tools for project team members to ensure that effort is efficiently allocated to the most important and time-sensitive tasks
• Interfaces and follows up with business partners on orders and shipments and manages company purchase order
• Manages key business metrics and service level agreements (SLA’s) with partners
• Drives content development and leads discussions during quarterly business review (QBR) meetings
• Manages implementation of new products and projects from conception to implementation as required by business agreement
• Participates in weekly conference calls with partners and maintain action items lists
• Prepares project budgets, documents scopes of work and procure services or equipment, manage budget changes, track budget expenditures and deviations from budget, deliver projects on or under budget to ensure profitability for company
• Reviews billing invoice submittals, coordinating with finance to resolve any discrepancies
• Drives and documents cost reduction programs and negotiations
• Specifies and coordinates receipt of reports required to support client’s business
• Responds in a timely manner via phone or e-mail to internal / external partner requests and issues
• Provides the financial team with quarterly spend estimates
• 5+ years working in Program Management within multiple, complex product development projects in the lucrative technology industry
• Working knowledge of computers, process engineering and the ability to quickly grasp and apply policies and procedures and relate them to project scope.
• Proficient with MS office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
• The ability to create, interpret and modify data in Excel is required
• Demonstrated skill in managing a cross-functional project team
• Excellent influencing skills to lead individuals for whom he/she has no direct reporting relationship
• Planning and organizing skills to enable the generation of a realistic product introduction project plan
• Good judgment and analytical skills required to make difficult decisions where technical problems and competition of resources can affect the project schedule and specifications
• Must have great communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact effectively with project team, client and management
• Knowledge of design for technology, computers, hardware.
• PMP certification
• Preferring a background in technology, manufacturing, logistics, financial and operations.
• BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.