|Date Posted:||Sep 15|
TITLE: PMP | Project Manager
CLIENT: Energy Oil & gas Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas (Energy Corridor)
RATE: $90-100/hour DOE (w-2)
• Support corporate business transformation program managing multiple digital implementation projects.
• Digital management of company-wide portfolio of projects responsible for delivering company cost savings and improving sustainable campaigns.
• Maintain corporate mission to ensure transformation projects are set up for success, are staffed with the right resources and comply with project standards and best practices.
• Coordinate efforts with business transformation of constituents, the primary purpose of this role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of workstream.
• Charged with digital transformation project analysis initiatives and tracking interdependencies within and across workstreams.
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
• Identify, track, and monitor interdependencies within and across multiple workstreams.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline a work plan.
• Act as a coach to junior project managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
• Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel per approved vendor management process.
• Partner with respective business management teams, workstream leads and OCM deployment group on prioritization and sequencing of initiatives and iterations.
• Analyze project proposals to determine a time frame, funding limitations and appropriate processes for accomplishing projects.
• Perform resource loading and leveling in workplan, identify and communicate resource constraints to workstream lead team.
• Work with the OCM Lead and Change Management team to ensure change readiness for workstream.
• Assist with third party resource needs per the approved vendor management process and in line with approved budget.
• Conduct risk assessment and develop mitigation plans as required.
• Communicate risks and issues to the relevant workstream leads and OCM Managers.
• Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the organization.
• Ensure that project goals are in line with business transformation objectives and that project goals are achieved.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
• Review initiatives status in Wave and modify schedules or plans as required.
• Baseline workplan, track and update schedule changes and communicate impact.
• Define critical path for support area, track and communicate any changes.
• Follow established standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
• Benchmark project performance continuously to identify the potential for improvements and increase capability in project management.
• Partner with workstream leads to provide project status updates in shareholder meetings.
• Monitor and report defined project KPIs.
• MUST be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• 7 or more years in managing complex projects.
• Energy -Oil & Gas experience
• Proficient in managing projects or programs using a variety of project execution methodologies.
• Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in successfully working with senior level leadership.
• Effective analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve.
• Ability to prioritize multiple project deliverables, deliver on commitments and use sound business judgment.
• Experience in leading and working with diverse teams.
• Excellent collaboration partnering skills, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Experience in leading a team.
• Proven experience in an environment requiring attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Ability to support a resource plan by mapping future demand to forecast project completions in the project portfolio.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Management, or equivalent experience.
• PMP Certification
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.