|Date Posted:||Jun 15|
The Packaging Designer is responsible for developing ideas for innovative packaging and improvements based on customer requirements and established cost parameters.
• Under limited supervision, develop innovative structural designs that are cost effective, aesthetically innovative, consumer friendly, and structurally sound
• Create, evaluate and refine new structural packaging working with Sales/Marketing/Operations and external customers through the development and approval process
• Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and according to the provided schedule.
• Work with Sales, Quality Control and Production to resolve issues with non-conforming packaging in QC processes
• Recommend needed improvements or enhancements to structural design to comply with customers and market expectations and demands
• Identify packaging design, manufacturing and materials needed for improvement in improving costs and productivity
• Conduct on-site packaging testing and trials of packaging concepts
• Verify packaging specifications through packaging audits/reviews from in-house and outside vendors
• Responsible for the organization, storage and distribution for all design specifications, revision control, assembly instructions and manufacturing releases files
• Track, manage and provide reports on all packaging projects
• Maintains and calibrates the Kongsberg cutting table to ensure proper working order and capabilities are fully utilized
• Responsible for the documentation, organization, storage, distribution, revision control, for all packaging measurement files
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Communicate status of project assignments with operational management
• Stays current with Artios CAD, CAPE, PowerPoint, Excel and other software, industry standards and technology developments
• Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Has a good understanding of corrugated material, including liners and mediums and board various board combinations
• Knowledgeable in packaging manufacturing capabilities and practices, and understand the conversion process of packaging items on automated equipment.
• Familiar with shipment tests, stacking and retail requirements
• Strong communication and technical writing skills are required with ability to discuss technical issues in business environment
• Strong cognitive skills (listening, analyzing, interpreting of data)
• Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Capable of working in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and technically challenging assignments simultaneously
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business priorities and assignments.
• Able to work flex schedule (including Saturdays) and/or OT as needed on special projects
• Superior organizational and time-management skills - diligent and detailed-oriented
• 5+ years experience in Packaging Design and Development
• 2 year Technical degree or higher in Engineering, Packaging Science or a similar discipline, Bachelor’s degree a plus
• Internship or experience at a corrugated box plant
• Expert level experience using Artios CAD Suite 12.1.1
• Experience with CAPE specialty software and operating sample table cutting devices (i.e. Kongsberg table) a plus.
• 3D modeling and presentation skills are a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Word for business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.