|Date Posted:||Mar 5|
|Wage:||$55-60 hour (DOE)|
TITLE: Oracle Developer
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
RATE: $60-65 hour DOE
• Oracle Developer in charge of design, develop, test, maintain, and support batch applications using Oracle PL/SQL for Retail Commissions and Amortization.
•Develop Oracle PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, objects, tables, views, synonyms based on requirements.
• Unit test, System test, Integration test, and Parallel test of the Oracle PL/SQL code.
• Optimize code by following performance tuning techniques considering limitations of current environment.
• Use Oracle Analytical functions, merge statements, with clause, oracle partitioning, job logging, exception handling, performance tuning and so on in the Oracle PL/SQL code.
• Use analytics skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
• Work with Team Lead and other members of the Commissions IT team to understand requirements, identify source data, understand the source tables and relationships, adhere to consistent coding standards, do code reviews, and provide daily status updates.
• Work with the Commissions Project team to understand the reporting requirements for each workstream and build, test, and UAT according to their expectations.
• Work effectively in a team environment. Develop strong working relationship with members of Commissions IT team, Commissions Project team, Project Management team, and Business.
• Get familiarized with the ServiceNow ticketing system for opening, handling, and closing tickets and change requests.
• Experienced in any source code versioning tool
• Follow SOX procedures for code deployment.
• Create ControlM job documents and work with ControlM to get them created and scheduled.
• Monitor batch processes daily/weekly/monthly and resolve job failures as quickly as possible. Work with ControlM group on re-run/re-start instructions. Willingness to perform this off hours during weekdays and weekends.
• Provide production support of the application and satisfy requests for data updates, ad-hoc reports or minor enhancements.
• Communicate status and escalate issues or delays that would impact deadline as early in the process as possible.
• 15+ years of experience in Software development
• 10+ years of experience in Oracle 10g or 11g
• 10+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
• 3+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.