|Date Posted:||Feb 18|
TITLE: Oracle Applications Developer
CLIENT: Leading US Oil and Gas Client
TYPE: Contract (long term)
URGENCY: (Interview and/or start date info)
SUMMARY: The Oracle Applications Developer is responsible for working on assigned projects and technical initiatives in an efficient/effective manner. The Senior Oracle Applications Developer must possess a high degree of technical knowledge regarding software development and associated technology tools primarily using Oracle PL/SQL.
The individual is expected to be able to code as necessary, perform detailed analysis on data structures, data integration, and existing and new applications systems.
• Provide application development, enhancements, modifications, performance tuning, and support services for assigned projects.
• Work with IS technical resources to provide high availability monitoring and maintenance for assigned applications.
• Understand a given software project "end-to-end" specifically beginning with Business Requirements, then the appropriate Data Architecture and corresponding User Interface (UI), and culminating with finished information products such as Web Viewers, Reports, Data Entry Applications, Interfaces to Other Systems, Graphical Outputs or Data Marts.
• Prepare specifications for new applications, enhancements, modifications, and support issues. Also, prepare application documentation as required.
• Develop and support data models and a data dictionary that supports the business requirements for tactical and strategic information products.
• 5-10 years experience in Oracle backend database development utilizing packages, procedures, function, triggers and Oracle user defined types.
• 2+ years of experience in data warehousing.
• 2+ years of experience with Python.
• Strong Data Warehousing experience, Oracle partitioning, Collection objects,
• Strong Oracle PL/SQL skills (strong knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c)
• Strong Oracle Performance tuning skills (SQL and PL/SQL tuning)
• Strong knowledge of common Oracle tools (PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, SQLPlus)
• Familiarity with Oracle RAC preferred.
• Familiarity with Golden Gate preferred
• Experience working with various data loading tools/method is a big plus
• Familiar with Big data and Elastic Search is a big plus.
• Familiarity with VPD (Virtual Private Database) is preferred.
• Should possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Should have data analysis skills to debug, trace and fix problems.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
• Oil and Gas Industry experience preferred.
• Required to be on-call during work and off-hours as necessary.
• May travel when necessary for system implementation and training
• Provide maintenance and support of the Oracle backend
• Interactively work with BA’s in requirements gathering for all assigned projects.
• Ability to build ER Diagrams for new tables.
• Proficient in working with : Collection objects, Nested Tables, Record types, Cursors, Ref Cursors, Views, Materialized Views, Partitions, FORALL, Bulk Collect, Regular Expressions, Triggers, Instead Of Triggers, Autonomous Transactions.
• Design or background with one or more data extraction transformation processes (ETL).
• Ability to write complex stored procedures/triggers, functions using PL/SQL to optimize processes performance with the goal to reduce processing time
• Tune complex queries utilizing Indexes, Hints, and Explain Plan, to improve the performance of the application.
• Involved in writing technical specs, unit test results, and user acceptance test scenarios for each project.
• Directly interact with business users during UAT to provide support and solicit feedback for the purpose of improving the quality of the finished application.
• Provide support for all applications
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.