|Date Posted:||Nov 5|
|Wage:||Commensurate with Experience|
TITLE: Oil Market Analyst
CLIENT: Renewable Fuels
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Our client is looking for an Oil Market Analyst with experience in the refining sector to join their team. The successful candidate will work with other highly motivated professionals analyzing the key issues that influence and challenge the downstream oil industry.
• Collect and interpret refining market information from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Examine industry developments and trends, including refinery investments, product demand trends, government regulations and assess impact on supply/demand and industry structure
• Analyze refined product markets in the short and long term from a fundamentals perspective
• Research and validation of refinery configuration, crude slate, refinery investments and trade
• Analyze competitiveness (net cash margin) of refineries and benchmark them
• Write high-quality analysis on the key issues/trends for the downstream sector
• Manage and maintain country-level supply and demand models.
• Ad hoc analysis and requests from trading teams.
• Regular updates on the competitive environment in the market.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience gained by working in refining, oil trading, oil storage or shipping industry
• Experience in renewable markets a plus
• Knowledge in refining operations and refinery modelling a plus
• Ability to visualize the implications and dynamics of events in downstream industry
• Good understanding of refinery economics, knowledge of oil product markets
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• The ability to work across different time zones and multi-cultural work environments
• Good communication skills and be comfortable in presenting analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Finance or any related field required.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.