|Date Posted:||Feb 2|
TITLE: Networking Manager
CLIENT: Energy / Infrastructure
LOCATION: Galleria, Houston Texas
TYPE: Permanent/ Salaried
SALARY or RATE: $140K DOE
This role reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure. The Network Manager implements, maintains, and supports our growing worldwide network infrastructure. Will handle daily operational work as well contribute and direct team tactical and strategic direction. This role is responsible for supervising multiple infrastructure resources in areas of operations and initiatives that align with IT strategy. The Supervisor integrates current architectures, create technical documentation and oversees implementation of technology and ensures the operations of this technology. This individual will also be responsible for infrastructure services across the enterprise at multiple data centers, coordinates responsibilities and collaborates among other managers and teams and supporting all operating units in technology matters.
Network Team Group Leader will provide leadership, direction, and technical oversight for Network Engineers of approximately 5+ persons.
• Reports to the Infrastructure Director and works with the rest of the group leaders in the organization to achieve common goals
• Is responsible for support and operations for the team and platforms they are responsible for and ensuring service levels are met.
• The position requires the ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of the network and the associated management systems, while working with operations teams to improve system availability and efficiencies.
• Develops network architecture designs, studies and plans; supports design, test readiness, and operational readiness reviews
• Develops, implements, and manages network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability
• Proactively researches and evaluates tools and technologies, as appropriate, to the network environment, while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership
• Performs capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability
• Provides Tier III technical engineering support by providing trouble resolution of the network infrastructure and perform on-call duties and off-hours support when needed
• In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of networks using concepts/protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, MPLS VPNs and emerging concepts such as Software Defined Networking
• Experience configuring various network devices and services (e.g., Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus Data Center switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, A10 load balancers, VPN, QoS, Voice and Wireless systems support, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime).
• Performs network maintenance and system upgrades, including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
• Experience with LAN and datacenter technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree Protocol, First Hop Redundancy protocols.
• Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Monitors work incidents/requests coming through the ITSM system related to the network queue.
• Coordinates with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Travels: minimal, as needed. Percent of time: up to 5%
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Language Skills: English & Spanish desired, Advanced level
• Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level required Reasoning
• Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required Computer Skills:
o Proven experience and success with enterprise class LAN, WAN, WLAN, design and implementation.
o Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.Proven experience with network infrastructure security technologies and best practices, including, Router/Switch security, Firewall Management (ASA, FWSM), protecting edge perimeter network devices, experience and understanding security logging for monitoring and incident response, wired and wireless guest design, ISE and NAC experience a plus.
o Strong, hands-on technical knowledge and experience working in an enterprise class network environment [multiple WAN locations, international locations, multiple data centers, high speed Campus and MAN links, VLAN separation]
o Good knowledge of VOIP technology, including [QoS, MGCP, RTP, SIP, H.323]
o Excellent working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and network services, including [Cisco 3750, 3560, 2960, 2950, 4500, 6500 class switches, NEXUS switches (2Ks, 5Ks and 7Ks), all ISR router platforms with related interface cards, ASA 55xx platforms, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, STP, PBR, VRF, MLPP, SNMP, and related protocols.
o Excellent hardware and IOS troubleshooting experience.
o Network management, performance monitoring, network monitoring, inventory, and backup tool software experience.
o Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits, packet capturing, and protocol analysis experience.
o Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to gather information, eager to learn and apply knowledge with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and diverse customer population.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with company leaders and MNA.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and under short timelines.
Education and Experience:
• BSEE, BSCE or BSCS with networking focus, and a minimum of 12+ year’s relevant networking experience
Licenses / Certifications:
• CCNA required. CCNP, CCDA/CCDP
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
Annual bonus up to 20%
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.