|Date Posted:||Jan 31|
TITLE: MicroStrategy Architect/ Developer
LOCATION: North Houston
TYPE: Contract (6 Months)
The MicroStratagy Developer will work as part of a BI team on projects spanning numerous functional areas within the company and is involved in full life cycle of BI development. Works closely with the business analyst to understand the requirements, conceptualize, and translate into technical specifications.
- Work with ETL team to define the reporting data model.
- Participates in all SDLC phases, design and development of MicroStrategy schema, reports and interactive dashboards.
- Performs testing including Unit, Integration, Performance and Regression testing.
- Works with team and various internal stakeholders to ensure that the solution developed meets the highest quality and standards.
- Moves MSTR packages to different environments using object manager.
- Participates in troubleshooting of issues postproduction or as part of operation support. Develops project documentation deliverables and adheres to the SDLC process.
- Developing business intelligence applications for data analysis optimized for the best performance and scalability requirements using MicroStrategy.
- Provide support to Microstrategy related reports and dashboards implemented by being able to perform and debug administrative functions using administration toolkits including command manager, object manager, system workflow, enterprise manager and security implementation in MicroStrategy using security filters, and connection mappings.
- 5+ years’ work experience in MicroStrategy design, architecture, development, including Schema design, Report and Dashboard development; tuning and troubleshooting of MicroStrategy objects.
- 5+ years of experience in building complex reports/ dashboards using MicroStrategy developer and web products and experience working with MicroStrategy v10.2 & higher.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, dimensional data models and proficient in SQL coding, ability to write complex SQL using Stored Procedures, Joins, Views, Triggers and Indexing strategies.
- Experience working on RDBMS such as Oracle, Teradata or SQL Server; experience in n-tier architectures and complex data acquisition and presentation patterns;
- Strong Knowledge in SDK and MicroStrategy Mobile apps and configurations.
- MicroStrategy administration and performing administrative functions using administration toolkits including command manager, object manager, system workflow, enterprise manager and implementing security in MicroStrategy using security filters, and connection mappings.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.