|Date Posted:||Jan 14|
|Location:||Washington , DC|
TITLE: Marketing Manager | National Law Firm | Washington D.C.
CLIENT: National Law Firm | Litigation Practice
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
SALARY: $90,000-100,000 DOE
• Manage Marketing strategy, planning and execution working within the Litigation Practice Group, and Washington, D.C. office
• Support the Business Development team with sales marketing initiatives, and targeted campaign management for litigation
• Facilitate marketing communication efforts to enhance strategy campaigns for the Litigation Group’s Appellate and Major Motions, Class Action Defense, International Arbitration and Litigation, and International Trade teams
• Support relevant practice teams’ marketing efforts as outlined in their strategic plans, including organizing monthly team meetings and working with team leaders to identify and pursue client opportunities and reputation-building activities that will make the teams more profitable
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the legal market and the litigation capabilities of the Firm nationwide, applying this knowledge to maximize the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
• Manage relevant RFP/proposal responses and pitch meeting preparations, including: gathering and analyzing existing materials, providing competitive intelligence in conjunction with the research team, identifying and gathering firmwide human resources and financial information, liaising with attorneys to write new content, managing proofreading, gaining final department and lawyer approvals, and coordinating the printing and timely delivery of materials
• Collaborate with the practice team leaders, other partners, and marketing department personnel to create, maintain and update accurate and effective website content, brochures, practice profiles, announcements, Proposal Database information and other marketing collateral for the assigned practice teams
• Plan and execute relevant practice team client events such as webinars, conferences, speaking engagements, memberships, sponsorships and other events. This includes: vetting opportunities, establishing and managing budget, site selection, development of invitations and management of invitation lists, managing ad production, event logistics, site set-up, CLE planning and post event follow up
• Work closely with the Public Relations and Communications teams to identify and leverage media opportunities, publish effective and timely client alerts, and support Firm blogs
• Liaise with the Communications team to prepare Chambers, Legal 500 and other submissions to rankings and directories contributing to established team goals and objectives.
• Track numerous areas of practice and service activity, including but not limited to collection of matter summaries for use in the department’s experience database and various directory reporting efforts
• Support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcements, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration
• Stay abreast of news about client development targets in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration. In tandem with the Competitive Intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed
• Contribute to monthly client development activity reports disseminate market data evaluations, and competitive analysis
• Respond to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors; provide excellent customer service; and follow-through on requests to ensure needs are met
• Assist the Litigation Group Chair and Director of Business Development where needed with Litigation group-wide practice development projects and initiatives.
• 5-7 years of experience in professional services marketing, and Law firm experience highly desirable
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Versed in the latest software applications CRM online management systems and CMS tools
• Extremely high levels of attention to detail, as well as strong legal writing and proofreading skills
• Excellent project management, organizational and event planning skills with the ability to manage major projects, multi-task and effectively prioritize
• Must be comfortable managing tight deadlines without compromising work quality and working in a fast-paced environment for clients who have a wide variety of personalities and work styles
• This role requires individualized client service for the partners and must be proactive – not reactive – by bringing and implementing ideas that can yield a strategic impact
• Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy and professionalism in these interactions
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field is required
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.