|Date Posted:||Dec 1|
TITLE: Leave of Absence Specialist
LOCATION: Houston Texas
TYPE: 3 month Contract- may extend based on performance or convert to salaried. Not guaranteed.
URGENCY: Reviewing resumes to set up interviews
We are seeking an LOA Specialist for Leave of Absence due to an increased workload. This work is contract, 40 hours a week full time, onsite work with a contract length for 3 months minimum.
• To administer the leave of absence programs and provide concise and accurate information to employees, leaders and vendors?as a subject matter expert on policies, procedures and applicable laws for our various leave of absences.
• To provide consultative support for leave management issues that impact the overall operational strategy for the core business functions?of the organization and ensure ease of access to leave of absence reporting deliverables for operational units.
• Coordinates Leave of Absence (LOA) Program
• Serves as a knowledge expert for leave of absence administration.
• Identifies, coordinates and assists with creating internal training materials, communications and documents related to leave management.
• Educates staff by providing accurate and complete information to employees and management on LOA, FMLA and LTD matters in accordance with policy terms and conditions.
• Monitors, manages and returns employees to work within policy guidelines. Notifies managers of employee’s inability to return to work within original timeline.
• Will assist in coordination of the internal administration of LOA, FML, and LTD claims for Hospital with vendor input.
• Builds and maintains an effective relationship with internal and external customers including employees, vendor(s), HR, Information Services, Payroll and Benefits.
• Provides vendor with accurate and appropriate information regarding claims.
• Interfaces with vendor to investigate discrepancies, and addresses routine and non-routine situations in LOA, FML and LTD claims.
• Identifies problems associated with vendor management and provides resolutions to Director and Vendor.
• Communicates accurately and timely with the vendor on LOA, FMLA, and LTD claims.
• Educate employees and serve as a subject matter expert for leave of absence and FMLA.
• Answer telephone calls, assist leave of absence specialists, serve as a liaison between FML vendor and organization, process return to work verifications, open and closed leaves of absence cases in KRONOS system and perform audits. Administer leaves of absence according to internal policy, state law and federal regulations.
• 2 years Family Medical Leave (FML), benefits, vendor management, leave of absence, human resources, business, or employee relations experience required.
• This position has a high call volume and heavy data entry. Outstanding customer service skills and a sense of urgency are required. Candidate must understand great customer service skills and patience are non-negotiable.
• Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills required.
• Advanced knowledge of administration of LOA, FMLA and LTD as it pertains to Hospital policies, procedures, report generation and analysis, and claim processing.
• Intermediate skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) pivot tables, spreadsheets, graphs, word documents, presentations, etc.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other HRIS
• KRONOS experience is a plus.
• vendor relationship management- preferred
Bachelors Degree required
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.