|Date Posted:||Apr 20|
|Wage:||$36/ hour DOE|
TITLE: LMS | Instructional Designer
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas (Hybrid 2 days on-site)
TYPE: Contract (6 months ongoing)
PAY: $36.00/hour DOE - W2 Only
The Instructional Systems Designer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and evaluating high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs. This position will have the responsibility of developing training curriculum for primarily for an eLearning environment for various departments and projects. The ideal candidate requires strong project management and adult learning techniques in order to deliver quality outputs on time. The Instructional Systems Designer will work collaboratively with the Learning and Development Team and cross-functional partners to determine appropriate learning outcomes and competencies for produced instruction. They will work closely with designated subject matter experts (SMEs) various staff members and other stakeholders. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively, and with many different teams on simultaneous projects.
• Oversees development of appropriate training materials and programs applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning curricula that best suites the needs of the content (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning).
• Design and develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies.
• Works with subject matter experts to ensure that the course objectives are defined and met, the appropriate instructional method and learning principles are selected to the development of each product.
• Oversees aspects of course quality including content, editorial, and overall presentation of material.
• 5+ years professional work experience or applicable advanced degree and 3 years of professional work experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs.
• Development of creative and engaging training materials for adult audience, in a variety of formats and media as well as storyboarding and user guides.
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated proficiency in designing, building, and deploying instructor e-learning modules using real-time technology and the ADDIE model of curriculum development with an emphasis on Constructivist approaches.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office productions: Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel
• Experience in researching/writing course content and/or developing courses, demonstrations, graphic designs and other technology driven products
• Proficient knowledge of Articulate Storyline 360 and Sound editing software is required.
• Experience with Oil and Gas Industry and SharePoint a plus
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Instructional Design, e-Learning Education, or related field is recommended
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.