|Date Posted:||Aug 27|
TITLE: Lead Cloud Architect
CLIENT: Oil & Gas
LOCATION: West Houston
SALARY: $145,000 -$150,000
URGENCY: Two Weeks
The candidate may work on any of the following:
• Lead the creation or evolution of the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Architecture Vision, Strategy, Function, and Program Migration.
• Lead the identification and analysis of Cloud Service Provider drivers to derive business, technical and architecture requirements.
• Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the Cloud Service Provider Migration.
• Lead the development of the Cloud Service Provider Architecture Roadmap & Migration Planning, based on business requirements and IT strategies.
• Oversee Cloud Service Provider Architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities for the migration program.
• Collaborate with the Cloud Program/Project Migration teams to reconcile solutions to architecture.
• Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the architects to improve our organizational capability
• Identify industry best practices in architecture and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business
• Lead the architecture community to drive the definition and evolution of the architecture for the overall set of Cloud Service Provider products and platforms.
• Develop a vision for Cloud Service Provider architecture, create a roadmap and plan for the evolution of the Cloud Service Provider architecture.
• Integrate the arch. process with the product dev. lifecycle to ensure that arch. issues and tradeoffs are addressed as early as possible to avoid expensive rework.
• Provide thought leadership to the senior leaders for the direction of the overall product portfolio and how to manage and evolve our architectures.
• Develop, promote, and build consensus around CSP platform arch. and platform teams, providing technical leadership for developing and maintaining solutions.
• Create a base platform that provides an integration back bone for existing services and enables many order-of magnitudes growth in our transaction volumes.
• Strategically align Cloud Service Provider Platform Arch. efforts with data and solution arch. counterparts to ensure overall alignment of arch. components.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field plus 12 years of experience or equivalent.
• At least 6 years progressive experience in building resilient Cloud/Service Provider Infrastructure as-a service, Platform as-a-service, architecture and integration.
• Cloud/Service Provider, distributed computing, enterprise experience, leading the definition of complex Cloud/Service Provider architectures, platforms.
• Proven experience in developing and delivering large scale solutions
• Evidence of leading through influence and acting as a team-first player.
• Grounded in understanding enterprise customer use cases and target audience.
• Well versed in the end-to-end Cloud/Service Provider technology stack from compute, networking, storage to higher level platform service abstractions
• Great communication skills focused on building a shared technical understanding and a broad technical community.
• Highly self-directed and able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.