|Date Posted:||Oct 15|
|Wage:||$30 - $40 DOE|
TITLE: Market Research | Competitive Intelligence
CLIENT: Professional Services & Legal Firm
LOCATION: Houston, Texas (Downtown)
SALARY: $30 - $40 (DOE)
• Aggregate data to be analyzed in support of business development activities, client relationship programs, and competitive awareness needs. Research scope includes: clients and potential clients, markets, competitors and sectors.
• Liaise with both practice and office Client Relations Managers to handle research requests; obtain full understanding of requirements and provide recommendations on approach.
• Conduct research, clean data and create reports in appropriate format in support of business development analysis, firm-wide initiatives and practice groups.
• Collaborate with the Client Relations team to provide data used in preparation of in-depth briefing reports on key clients.
• Support in management of Research & Competitive Intelligence data including the acquisition of information from one or more sources, the custodianship and the distribution of that information to those who need it, and its ultimate disposition through archiving or deletion.
• Conduct research of companies, industries, markets and competitors; synthesize data, identify key actionable insights and summarize into compelling deliverables.
• Respond to ad-hoc business research requests with deadlines ranging from a few hours to a month or more.
• Other projects as assigned by Manager of Research and Competitive Intelligence.
• MUST have 2+ years of experience in business research/competitive intelligence or similar role.
• MUST have MS Excel experience creating pivot tables, queries, v-lookups.
• Strong ability to synthesize large volumes of data efficiently and identify key information needed for business development decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate data, as well as providing interpretation and insights.
• Strong technical skills and report-writing capability.
• Ability to compile and interpret numerical information, particularly financial figures.
• Knowledge of research tools, concepts and techniques.
• Proven ability to prioritize workloads and handle a number of concurrent projects/tasks and deliver against tight deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with people at all organizational levels, firm leadership and key department personnel while possessing diplomacy, maturity and enthusiasm.
• Knowledge of legal/business resources, including CapitalIQ, Hoover’s, Monitor Suite, PACER, WestLaw and other resources is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Market Research
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.