|Date Posted:||Jan 14|
TITLE: Jr. Content Strategist | B2B Copywriter
CLIENT: Manufacturing Company & Distributor
LOCATION: Houston, Texas (Northwest Houston)
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $40,000-45,000 DOE + great benefits package
The B2B content strategist position is an experienced role that produces original copy for short and long form marketing, sales and advertising materials, including but not limited to: headlines for web pages, overall website copy, email campaigns, drip campaigns, social media, print media, trade shows, general advertising, marketing, video concepts/scripts, general sales collateral, etc. The target audience is B2B developing content aligned with messaging and enhances the voice of product lines, both internally and externally. Ensure brand integrity and brand messaging is upheld on projects large and small.
• Create highly conceptual and creative copy
• Work with entire marketing department to create content strategy plans that are cohesive to overall marketing campaigns and strategy.
• Ability to research and diagnose target audience(s)/products information to utilize within produced marketing content, while also knowing when to ask for support.
• Work collaboratively with the sales department to write sales enablement materials to align to marketing and company goals.
• Produce strong marketing copy to enhance market share in multiple industries
• Create and ‘own’ the content calendar.
• Manage marketing content projects, including but not limited to writing copy for; website improvements, new websites, drip campaigns, print campaigns, social media campaigns, contests, expeditious vender support, etc.
• Responsible for overall company lead growth through copy creation and your other marketing initiatives/production.
• Promotes and effectively markets company products and supplies using established and new copywriting techniques.
• Supports and/or manages the creation of company content in marketing materials.
• Researches and relays new product ideas and product extensions to management for evaluation.
• Successfully writes, executes ant tracks metrics in various marketing channels to analyze success, failures and lessons learned.
• Ability to be self-motivated and self-manage your copywriting initiatives and production deadlines.
• Fully utilize provided internal tools/software, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite Including Dynamics, Adobe, and others to maximize personal bandwidth and production potential.
• Supports co-workers on an as needed basis to ensure the highest level of customer service is attained and maintained.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of copywriting experience, preferably in a B2B industry
• MUST have an online portfolio of writing samples is required
• Understand and executes AP writing style
• Broad copywriting experience for various medias, platforms, etc.
• Ability to convert complex message into easily understood and effective copy, within brand guidelines and timelines
• Ability to manage cross functional projects and multiple projects ongoing at any given time.
• Ability to proactively problem solve within cross functional, team projects within multiple priorities and projects
• Self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and naturally curious
• Familiarity with both Ann Wylie and Ann Handley writing styles is a plus.
• Ability to remain steady and focused in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION: Bachleors degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.