|Date Posted:||Dec 4|
TITLE: Jr. Copywriter | Copyeditor
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
TYPE: Contract (6 to 12 months)
RATE: $25-30/hour DOE
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Copywriter to join their marketing team. The right candidate must craft engaging headlines and persuasive body copy for a variety of marketing communications media (e.g., social, online, digital, print, broadcast and direct mail) targeted towards different customers with different needs. The primary focus of this position will be web-specific communications, providing copy for wireframes, landing pages, and other digital promotions. Candidate must show an ability to write in several styles and juggle multiple projects at once. Strategic and campaign-oriented thinking is a must, as is the ability to grasp complex subject matter and translate it into compelling creative. This writer is expected to adhere to brand standards and take initiative.
• Write high-converting, marketing communication for various media aligned with our brand voice
• Write personalized content for prospects and customers in various stages of the sales funnel and for various media and segments
• Collaborate with in-house team to produce creative that is on strategy and pushes creative boundaries
• Understand technical concepts/products and make them easy to understand for the audience
• Participate in strategy discussions and provide creative solutions
• Research clients, competitors, industry-trends and internal products/services relevant to the communications project
• Enter and update content in our website’s content-management system and expand skillset in the system over time
• Translate creative briefs into understandable and compelling assets that enhance communication, persuade prospects and customers, and distinguish the Reliant brand; factor in client feedback, legal guidelines, and other requirements
• Ability to manage a project timeline
• Ability to write fast when needed or push an idea further when needed; has the instincts to know the difference
• Collaborate with designers to develop creative concepts for assets; proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control
• Think strategically to provide solutions that meet the needs of key stakeholders
• Maintain the company's image, identity and communication style
• Participate in strategic discussions and provide creative solutions
• Ensure consistency and maintain brand integrity and compliance among all creative copy
• MUST HAVE online portfolio of writing samples including social, online, digital, print, broadcast and direct mail
• 3+ years professional writing experience in an agency or in-house creative group
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience in Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Love of technology (Teams, Workfront, content management tool)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Copyediting experience, knowledge of AP/Chicago style.
• A portfolio of work
• Knowledge of content management system tools
• A great, curious attitude and an appetite to learn.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Promotes collaboration
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Can present and sell an idea
• Confident editor with an eagle eye for typos, misspelled words, confusing syntax, and grammatical errors
• Practices strong organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
• Provides creative solutions based on sound strategy
• Exhibits exemplary business acumen and problem-solving skills
• Adapts quickly to a changing work environment, including working remotely
• Is comfortable completing both team-oriented and autonomous tasks
• Multitasks and delivers in a time-sensitive environment
• Presents information effectively to gain buy-in
• Shows self-motivation and sets high personal goals
• Excellent command of spelling, grammar, punctuation and AP style
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or related field preferred
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.