|Date Posted:||Apr 4|
TITLE:IT Systems Analyst E&P Systems Experience
CLIENT: Oil and Gas Client
SUMMARY: This is an IT Systems Analyst role in an existing team that supports ~200 different E&P vendor applications used by our Drilling, Engineering, Exploration & Subsurface teams.
DUTIES:That support consists of: -
• Break/fix support, including collaborating with our internal IT teams (e.g. Server, Storage, DBA, Security, End-User Support etc) and with the application vendor support where necessary.
• Upgrading the Windows applications by testing and documenting the install before either (for low-use apps) manually installing for the clients or (for widely-used apps) handing off to our in-house packaging team.
• Supporting and maintaining the license files and license servers associated with our applications.
• Performing the necessary administrative tasks to manage permissions for applications that have their own security.
• Maintaining some basic configuration data (e.g. drop-down list entries) for some applications.
• Ensuring that applications perform at acceptable levels and are not constrained by desktop, network, security or server specifications/capacity.
REQUIREMENTS: The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in supporting technical applications in an E&P company. That experience must include applications in a Windows environment and ideally would also include some experience in supporting applications in a Linux environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience with some of the following applications - Aries, CMG (GEM & IMEX), DecisionSpace Geoscience Suite, EasyCore, EDM, Eclipse, GeoGraphix Suite, Geolog, Gohfer, GOCAD/SKUA, IHS Harmony, Kappa, Matlab, MOVE, Petrel Suite, ProCount, PSPro, PVTSim, StarSteer, Trinity.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.