|Date Posted:||Oct 13|
TITLE: Network Infrastructure Director
CLIENT: Technology, Hardware, Mftg
LOCATION: Houston Texas
URGENCY: Reviewing resumes now.
SUMMARY: We are seeking a skilled Director of Infrastructure, IT for our technology client in Houston Texas. This professional will have Subject Matter Expertise with understanding of Network Architecture.
• Work with Infrastructure, IT and Security team leaders to contribute to an existing network architecture and strategy
• Oversee execution and delivery of strategic vision, including network automation POC with evaluation of applicable tools and design.
• Contribute to project teams with architectural network designs that meet stated requirements and identify appropriate limitations of the design to trigger upgrades and/or re-architectures. The incumbent will work with various teams within IT and Clients to provide appropriate network solutions relating to service offerings that are being developed or extended
• Create designs that support applications and technologies on a large internal network infrastructure. The designs will also support network segments that contain multiple routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers
• Work with network equipment vendors, telecom carriers, network monitoring equipment/software vendors. Recommends technology solutions based on vendor capabilities and product/service offerings to ensure the network is operational, reliable, secure, and cost effective
• Provide guidance to users and clients and will be responsible for day-to-day administration, support and troubleshooting of the network based on architectural solutions.
• Support various buildings and sites in Houston, each with 300 network devices and switches.
• 15-20 years’ experience in designing, managing, or supporting enterprise data networks
• At least 7 years as a senior data networks engineer or architect supporting a multinational organization
• Must be a responsive department manager, available 24/7. Actively responsible for leading infrastructure & help-desk team.
• Complete oversight of network environments consisting of 5 physical sites, over 2000 workstations, and Windows Server environments of 200+ servers and private cloud infrastructure.
• Work extensively within Cloud Services IAAS and SAAS solutions.
• Must have consistent direct engagement with executive team, internal departments, vendors, and external customers.
• Acting project manager for developments related to customer NPI’s or technical stratagems, physical expansions, and integrations between company and its customers.
• Assist Director of IT Security & Compliance and the Director of IT PMO with creating, defining, and wording company policies & technical strategies.
• Research & leverage new technologies, hardware, software, and applications.
• Responsible for implementation and design of new systems architecture to support and streamline technical processes.
• Lead Disaster Recovery, Fault Tolerance, & Business Continuity plans.
• Leads Enterprise Infrastructure operations development and improvement on a global scale in the U.S. and Asia, unifying all personnel to complete projects and tasks. Execute proposal development, budgeting and cost controls, vendor management, compliance initiatives while building cross-functional teams.
•Oversee Agile Project Management initiatives. Determine on-premises and AWS infrastructure design, improvements and cost-optimization.
•Spearhead large-scale initiatives improving performance and uptime, while identifying opportunities to reduce costs, manage daily operations, and compliance.
•Monitor system security and functionality, implementing risk alert tools.
•Directs security and maintenance, scheduling patching, restarts for server resources.
• Provide and work within a Cloud Infrastructure Strategy
• Experience in managing network architecture for mid sized AND large companies
• Dell EMC and Azure, MS Server
• Must have Fortinet Fortigate experience.
• Architect monitoring solutions to rebuild and rearchitect an existing network
• Technical, can-do attitude
• Ability to work hard and problem solve
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.