|Date Posted:||Jan 5|
TITLE: Help Desk Manager
CLIENT: Logistics/ Technology
LOCATION: Houston Texas
URGENCY: Receiving Resume Submissions for Review
We are searching for an experienced I.T. Help Desk Manager.
The Help Desk Manager ensures high quality technical support and increases client satisfaction. This role requires a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and support help desk analysts, technicians, and interns. Train and motivate team by providing detailed documentation, checklists, and coaching as required.
- Monitor and update the Service Request Ticketing System. Responsible for coordinating the use of the Ticketing System across all Technology Support and Technology Services departments.
- Manage the tracking of service requests to resolution.
- Ensure tickets are closed in a timely manner.
- Contribute to improving ticket support by actively responding to queries, providing updates to clients and handling complaints.
- Manage the building and maintenance of the documentation system of resolution paths and documentation for future inquiries.
- Set specific customer service standards.
- Communicate and evaluate customer service standards through an ongoing training program and documentation.
- Contribute to best practices throughout the entire technical support process.
- Analyze, develop, and document clearly defined procedures. Provide expert information to meet the needs of the district's hardware/software operations.
- Function as the first point of escalation and resolution for hardware/software problems not resolved by the Help Desk staff.
- As appropriate, escalate the work request to a second or third level technician for Administrative Services, Network Support, Telecommunications, and local workstation issues.
- Oversee coordination with staff or contracted remote hands for on-site technical support for emergency status calls when software and/or equipment failures occur.
- Notify end users and departments of any Information Technology system difficulties.
- Oversee coordination of technology support online resources with Management.
- Oversee all facets of help desk operation.
- Assist with taking help desk calls, entering tickets, and troubleshooting problems over the phone and via email.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly analytical reports on help desk team productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate records on software, hardware, equipment utilization and problems.
- Maintain familiarity with and ensure compliance with district policies and procedures, including that copyright laws are not violated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with company policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Knowledge of ManageEngine.
- Leadership skills
- Must be able to coordinate and schedule staggered shifts and able to work later hours from 10p-7a or 12a-9a. There will be 3-5 others supporting your team with intent to grow App Support and Help Desk to report to you
- Knowledge of Service Request ticketing systems
- Knowledge of reporting standards within Service Request ticketing systems
- Knowledge of hardware compatibility issues
- Knowledge of network topology
- Advanced knowledge of supported applications including the following Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, and other Microsoft core business applications
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365 platforms as well as other communication tools
- Knowledge of company policy and guidelines for technology
- Knowledge of software licensing terminology and requirements
- Knowledge of Utilize I.T., Inc. Human Resource and Payroll policies and tools
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Documentation skills
- Proven customer service skills including effective communication skills, positive attitude, and adaptability to resolve problems, questions, conflicts, and suggestions creatively and diplomatically
- Communication and collaboration skills leveraging Office 365 tools and video conferencing
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely and productive manner
- Ability to learn, support and keep current on new applications
- Ability to manage, supervise, and direct the work of employees, assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or department to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Ability to effectively implement project planning and management principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when interacting with clients, vendors, staff, and other outside organizations
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years of directly related experience
- Six (6) years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- Licenses and Certifications: A+ Certification, Net+ Certification and/or Microsoft 365 Fundamentals preferred.
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
Hybrid remote work from home, work onsite as needed in Houston HQ 2x a week or so.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.